Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That is a stunner right enough and 40k miles. Antenna looks knackered though so not for me, only kidding of course🤣 - it looks a cracking car. 
Not always good to get an older low mileage car but for an LS400, at least mechanically, I don't think it's an issue plus it has done mileage in between MOT's.

Talking about low mileage LS400's, I looked at a 48k miles iirc Gold LS400 in Leeds a few weeks ago and some of you may have seen it on Autotrader for £3750
Long story short...ish.
Fault where the car wouldn't run for more than 10 mins and no MOT, it was worth a look so I had a nice drive over, had a look and took my laptop with 'diags' installed to plug in.
Engine running fault as above. Alternator had failed, new alternator and Battery fitted then the engine running issue since.
No mot, AC has a leak so not working, wheels needed refurbing, a few rusty paint chips which is to be expected, bubbling rust on the bottom of the drivers rear arch (boot end) which was a real shame.
Plus points - engine was very smooth with no untoward noises when running, interior was excellent and would come up like new, gold paintwork wasn't as faded as most and very good, original electric antenna and working fine, no signs of the boot leaking.....yet. Overall pretty good, apart from the bubbling rust on the bottom of the drivers rear arch which is normally a sign of bigger issues when investigated.
The bubbling rust on the bottom of the drivers rear arch put me off and I was disappointed to be honest so plugged in TeschStream and there was a 'current' Crankshaft sensor error so the running issue could have been an easy fix but it could also have been an ECU issue after the alternator issue or something else. AC could have been a leaking 'O' ring but could also be an expensive fix. MOT........who knows - I wouldn't have expected it to be bad but you never know with bushes and ball joints etc.
I figured the car needed £2-£3k spending to fix get it into decent shape and fix all the issues, could also be a lot more though.

I quite like how one of the selling points is the “Full size DHP wheel with OEM tyre”

I wouldn’t like to fit a 25 year old tyre even as a get me home spare.

No mention of service history?
Does look clean although I wouldn’t spend nearly 12K buying it.

• Haha 1

Sorry about the above ……. Super finger slip 

As I was saying …… there’s a number of these wonderful cars emerging for sale and expanded ULEZ I’m sure pushed a few to the fore

They'll last the next astute owner a lifetime and give immense pleasure and security of safe reliable travel wherever you wish to drive ……. just be careful on ULEZ and if in Europe those cities messing around like some of ours with ULEZ type fees ……. much of Europe help 30 year old ladies avoid those fees 

Malc 

There was a green one discussed on here for £10990 that had way higher mileage but impressive history and clearly a loved car, that I believe sold. So this is technically a 'steal' in that regard. These sales are good to boost general value, so may they continue 😉

I bet 2 lollipops and a packet of Murray mints Qamar doesn’t sell it 😀

Bear in mind the chances of ever getting another one in the same condition is close to zero which you will want a week after selling it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I bet 2 lollipops and a packet of Murray mints Qamar doesn’t sell it 😀

Bear in mind the chances of ever getting another one in the same condition is close to zero which you will want a week after selling it.

You could be right, i drove it on Saturday and it put a smile on my face 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 3:31 PM, hockeyedwards said:

So this is technically a 'steal' in that regard. These sales are good to boost general value, so may they continue

Now sold, apparently. Good news if you're thinking of selling, but not so good for potential buyers. Perhaps they are finally being recognised as a modern classic and the good ones are being sought out.

There are seven listed on Car and Classic, three of which are shown as sold. The remaining four range in price from £5,450 to £9,995 and the mileages from 91,000 to 130,000.

https://www.carandclassic.com/classic_cars.php?country=1&keyword=ls400&make=497&sort_1=latest&search

Obviously these are asking prices, but they certainly indicate a significant shift in the last year or two.

See a SC 430 on there now with only 22k miles. That is low ! Looking at the condition of the leather seats I could believe it even before checking. If the underside is pristine as well and I bet it will be then that is one for customisation. Price reflects all that of course.

57 minutes ago, Howplum said:

Obviously these are asking prices, but they certainly indicate a significant shift in the last year or two.

Couldn't agree more, as an avid C&C, AT and eBay perv, 400's were struggling to break above a few thousand, let alone double figs! I wonder if the price bumps they've seen in the US have helped...

Just now, hockeyedwards said:

Couldn't agree more, as an avid C&C, AT and ebay perv, 400's were struggling to break above a few thousand, let alone double figs! I wonder if the price bumps they've seen in the US have helped...

What is C & C ?

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

Qamar.   Will you really really sell your car do you think 😰

Are you handing in your Licence and never driving again ?  😂

Malc 

To be honest, I only wanted to sell it to buy the Gs460, but I drove the ls400 I think last week and it still put a smile on my face, so I'm not sure now lol

• Like 1

If I was to sell it, I'd rather sell it to an enthusiast, because I know he/she will look after it like I have, but if your interested, do let me know, knowing my luck, the gs460 will be sold, and in that case, I'd keep it

Keep her  Qamar. 100% keep her 

Any replacement  will become a struggling moneypit  coz you won’t be able to stop yourself trying to reach that pinnacle of perceived excellence …….. which you’ve now achieved  👌

Malc 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links