Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New speed cameras

GMB

Lookout!

Here's an extract from that esteemed "rag" The one and only Bolton evening news. Don't ask me why I read this rubbish "news"paper.

Two-way speed cameras that no longer ‘flash’ at speeding cars or require painted lines on the road are being installed across Greater Manchester, including Bolton.

More than 100 of these new ‘ultra’ speed cameras are being installed across the region, operating 24/7 with the aim of eliminating all road fatalities and serious injuries.

Greater Manchester Police are warning speeding drivers to look out for them as, unlike traditional cameras which only capture vehicles in the left-hand lane, they capture two-way traffic.

They missed out - with the aim of making money.

So, the first thing you know is a fine through the post. And do not use your phone because they will get you for that as well.

They have been installing them in France for years. Quite a few got cut down with an angle grinder. No, I did not do it - honest.

BTW I was taught never to start a sentence with "And" or "So" but it seems to work colloquially.

image.thumb.png.85fa6ccf93a8acbf1e725fe382009166.png

SO is OK whereas AND has become very de rigour at sentence commencement even though it remains grammatically flawed 🤫 .

As for cameras (EDIT : more especially CCTV), without them I fear that our current day law enforcers would neither catch criminals nor fund the vastly diminished constabularies.  Sad but true 🙄 .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sundance said:

SO is OK whereas AND has become very de rigour

I appreciate the education and update on the modern use of English grammar, but Rowley, your French needs a brush up. 

De Rigueur. S'il vous plaît. 🧑‍🏫😇

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GMB said:

Lookout!

Here's an extract from that esteemed "rag" The one and only Bolton evening news. Don't ask me why I read this rubbish "news"paper.

Two-way speed cameras that no longer ‘flash’ at speeding cars or require painted lines on the road are being installed across Greater Manchester, including Bolton.

More than 100 of these new ‘ultra’ speed cameras are being installed across the region, operating 24/7 with the aim of eliminating all road fatalities and serious injuries.

Greater Manchester Police are warning speeding drivers to look out for them as, unlike traditional cameras which only capture vehicles in the left-hand lane, they capture two-way traffic.

They missed out - with the aim of making money.

So, the first thing you know is a fine through the post. And do not use your phone because they will get you for that as well.

They have been installing them in France for years. Quite a few got cut down with an angle grinder. No, I did not do it - honest.

BTW I was taught never to start a sentence with "And" or "So" but it seems to work colloquially.

image.thumb.png.85fa6ccf93a8acbf1e725fe382009166.png

"So" was I until i took a course in Linguistics whereupon I never really respected traditional Grammar in the same way as hitherto.

nice partytrick to make these useless. Covered by darkness and silence at night drive up to the camera in your hillbilly pick up or old farmers vehicle. slowly slowly drive up to the camera until you touch it then accelerate slightly and presto the pole is no longer at 90 degrees making the camera useless as it inspects the rooftops or grass below it. Happens a lot here in the countryside. Expect them to cast them in concrete soon..

• Like 2

We have one of those newer-style yellow vultures only a few hundred yards away from where I work. 

Typically being in North Wales, this also means it now also observes the ridiculous 20mph crawling limit along what's an arrow-straight piece of road. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links