Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX MY 2024

1 hour ago, cur666 said:

The UX is being updated for 2024.....so a dealer tells me.....anyone heard anything about this?

Yes I posted about it here.  

You can place a new order from January 2024 I understand for the revised 300h, but he didn't know anymore than that.  

250h is now on run out.

I think as per my original post, there must be some kind of engine revision to warrant the change from 250h to 300h. The 5th generation hybrid setup as per the Corolla makes the most sense to me, but I thought anything like that would be saved for the 2nd generation, especially as they have only recently made revisions to spec?. 

Guess we will have to wait and see….

7 hours ago, stepppy said:

I think as per my original post, there must be some kind of engine revision to warrant the change from 250h to 300h. The 5th generation hybrid setup as per the Corolla makes the most sense to me, but I thought anything like that would be saved for the 2nd generation, especially as they have only recently made revisions to spec?. 

Guess we will have to wait and see….

There’s a 300h version coming?

8 hours ago, Don C said:

Yes, that’s what the dealer said..

The 250h is on run out and the car will now be called 300h when the order books open in January 2024, but he had no more information than that, so what is happening is anyone’s guess…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stepppy said:

Yes, that’s what the dealer said..

The 250h is on run out and the car will now be called 300h when the order books open in January 2024, but he had no more information than that, so what is happening is anyone’s guess…

It will have the revised version of the same engine with a bit more power, combined with the slightly enhanced hybrid system - essentially what is in the current Corolla and new C-HR. It will likely have a lithium ion Battery rather than the current NiMH.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It will have the revised version of the same engine with a bit more power, combined with the slightly enhanced hybrid system - essentially what is in the current Corolla and new C-HR. It will likely have a lithium ion battery rather than the current NiMH.

All guess work....so nothing firm as yet ?

2 hours ago, cur666 said:

All guess work....so nothing firm as yet ?

It's pretty much confirmed that it isn't getting a new engine, so it will just get the updated version of the M20A-FXS. The Battery change is the bit that is unknown, although the latest hybrid system only uses a lithium ion Battery - will it be the same physical size as the old one to give better performance, or will they make it smaller to get more boot space?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's pretty much confirmed that it isn't getting a new engine, so it will just get the updated version of the M20A-FXS. The battery change is the bit that is unknown, although the latest hybrid system only uses a lithium ion battery - will it be the same physical size as the old one to give better performance, or will they make it smaller to get more boot space?

Colin....where can I find this confirmation...you speak of?

23 minutes ago, Don C said:

One minute a new engine, the next not.  Conjecture and speculation comes to mind.  

When the 300h was first heard of, over a year ago, there was speculation that it could get a new engine, e.g. a 2.5 l engine. However this isn't the case, it will get the reworked version of the existing M20A-FXS engine.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2023 at 12:17 AM, Don C said:

All indications suggest yes, and have done for a year or so… 

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/11/18/lexus-applies-to-trademark-ux-300h-in-u-s-europe-and-australia/?

with dealers now saying the same, it seems fairly certain,

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

When the 300h was first heard of, over a year ago, there was speculation that it could get a new engine, e.g. a 2.5 l engine. However this isn't the case, it will get the reworked version of the existing M20A-FXS engine.

Right, I’m with you now.  Yes, the urgent UX has the V4 powertrain and needs up dating to V5 that’s true.  

8 hours ago, Tickedon said:

All indications suggest yes, and have done for a year or so… 

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/11/18/lexus-applies-to-trademark-ux-300h-in-u-s-europe-and-australia/?

with dealers now saying the same, it seems fairly certain,

I doubt that article is accurate because firstly, I’m not sure it will physically fit but it only needs the V5 mod to increase the power and the Battery efficiency.   In combination, there will be less revs, less noise, more power and much more input from the Battery as the Corolla.  It needs to be done soon or there’s no point before the next model.  

in any case, I find mine quite nippy and 8.7 seconds is fast enough to 60.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My RAV4 plug-in was 5.8 to 60. I thought the UX would disappoint but I used full bore for the first time tonight (over 5k miles on it now) and it impressed.

After all, that used to be hot hatch territory (without that front wheel scrabbling) not that long ago 👍.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UX 300h now confirmed. Updated with the latest revision of engine/hybrid system the 250h already has, but with more power and lithium ion Battery. It gets reclassified as having the equivalent power of a normally aspirated 3 litre engine (hence the moving from 250h to 300h).

Total system power is now 199 bhp, and if you opt for AWD, the rear motor is actually worth having by producing 41 bhp rather than the pathetic 7 bhp of the 250h AWD model - however total system power still remains at 199 bhp.

Nothing from Lexus UK yet - here is a google translation from Lexus Fr:

https://media-lexus-fr.translate.goog/nouveau-lexus-ux-300h--plus-de-puissance-et-de-raffinement-en-2024/?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sihctr said:

And here is a link from lexus.nl. A photo of the new digital cluster can be seen, as well as an additional bi-tone scheme (Bi-tone+, which I don't personally like from a first look).

The new Lexus UX 300h: more power in 2024 | Lexus.nl

Available in Q2 2024.

That looks really good and they have also changed to the later shifter and more safety kit too which really brings it up to date.  It seems odd to be doing this so soon after the last update, maybe the Gen 2 is further away than I thought.....?

I really dislike the Bi-Tone+ paint though, especially the way you have two different colours on the same panel.  Fair enough just on the roof, but they do the same on the new C-HR and you can really feel the edge of the paint which I think is very odd.

4 hours ago, Don C said:

Always wanting to be first, the US call it the 2025 model!

https://pressroom.lexus.com/2025-ux-300h-brings-more-power-to-the-streets/

The Americans always seem to add an extra year to their new models and make a big deal about it🤔 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links