Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota/Lexus Abandon Hydrogen!

• 2 weeks later...

The Telegraph now reports Audi is scaling back EV production due to lack of demand. I believe Volkswagen have already done so. Battery technology is just not good enough.

Nio's Battery swapping may solve the brick problem when the Battery fails to accept charge after a decade depending on what contract you have with them as well as the issue of queues at charging points and if you can buy a plug-in Nio, it might offset the issue of being tied to a monopoly supplier of batteries. You'd also have to ensure it has LiFePo4 so that it doesn't burn down your garage.

However, there's still the issue of batteries needing to be warmed up when cold and cooled down when hot, though that's only a major issue if it won't accept charge when it's cold. The only remaining issue is the weight, with some concern whether multi-storey car-parks can take it.

• Like 1

I thomk Toyota have cracked the Battery issue facing current electric cars, not lithium based.

It means electric cars can run for longer on a quicker charge and less impact on raw materials nd environment.

Apologies donr kknowwhat these are made of..

Toyota recently announced a new Battery electric vehicle factory that will begin production of new models in 2026. Not only will these cars be designed and built differently, they will be powered by a range of new, advanced batteries.

Details of four next generation batteries have been revealed, demonstrating state-of-the-art advances in both liquid and solid electrolytes. Toyota has also previewed further progress with solid electrolyte Battery technology.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:29 AM, Malc1 said:

and I think they will continue the hydrogen power route to fame too ..  fingers xd

I'll continue saving for my Ls700 

Malc

Malc, I don't think you are after a car? More of a rocket!

• Like 1

Hahahaha  nope, there’s a relatively new Japan centric Toyota hydrogen power big saloon Ls type genre 

I’ll be buying one when it’s proven and it can be refuelled at say a BP petrol station ….. BPs developing their hydrogen vehicle fuel capacity somewhere in the north of England …… to probably roll out to their 1200 stations around the UK …… at some time ……. for trucks anyway !

I’ll rebadge my new Toyota hydrogen car to a Ls700 if Lexus don’t beat me to it 😂

The hydrogen Mirai in the UK was Toyotas trial ….to. police forces whatever 

Let’s see ……. maybe £125k will sort it for me …… a new company car for me in about 2026 maybe 🥳

A dream or it might become reality …… my simple existing  2 X Ls400s will suffice in the meantime I’m thinking ….. I’ll not stress over it for sure 

Malc 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Hahahaha  nope, there’s a relatively new Japan centric Toyota hydrogen power big saloon Ls type genre 

I’ll be buying one when it’s proven and it can be refuelled at say a BP petrol station ….. BPs developing their hydrogen vehicle fuel capacity somewhere in the north of England …… to probably roll out to their 1200 stations around the UK …… at some time ……. for trucks anyway !

I’ll rebadge my new Toyota hydrogen car to a Ls700 if Lexus don’t beat me to it 😂

The hydrogen Mirai in the UK was Toyotas trial ….to. police forces whatever 

Let’s see ……. maybe £125k will sort it for me …… a new company car for me in about 2026 maybe 🥳

A dream or it might become reality …… my simple existing  2 X Ls400s will suffice in the meantime I’m thinking ….. I’ll not stress over it for sure 

Malc 

Technology moves fast my friend. Perhaps running on water or some fusion.

But then again aren't there small planes with folding wings that can drive?

Will watch out for your ls700 and hydrogen fuel stations if they get setup here up North

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newbie777 said:

Technology moves fast my friend. Perhaps running on water or some fusion.

But then again aren't there small planes with folding wings that can drive?

Will watch out for your ls700 and hydrogen fuel stations if they get setup here up North

I won’t be at all surprised …… either way. Technology moves apace and Toyota one of the best motor innovators with big budgets for all sorts of developments 

I think my £125k will be safe staying in the bank 😂

Malc 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I won’t be at all surprised …… either way. Technology moves apace and Toyota one of the best motor innovators with big budgets for all sorts of developments 

I think my £125k will be safe staying in the bank 😂

Malc 

Keep that money ready. I will be your chauffeur!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

Keep that money ready. I will be your chauffeur!

"Keep that money ready. I will be your chauffeur!"

You don't get paid if the wreath slips off.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links