Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Touch Lexus Stoke

I was told to expect something in the post by the salesman at Lexus Stoke in approximately a weeks time after collecting the car.   It arrived today and now I know why he was taking photos of the car in the hand over/viewing room.    Just need a place to hang it but thoughtful I think.

LS Picture.jpg

• Like 6

The only thing I have ever had from the Lexus dealers that I have dealt with is a massive invoice. Oh and some free coffee and biscuits.

Visits to 2 different places and neither of them would put a quid's worth of fuel in the cars I was picking up with empty tanks.

But maybe it is because I managed to screw a good deal out of them?🧐

• Like 1

I'm convinced now that this dealer's family run franchise operation is all about making you want to keep coming back.  The salesman said he had worked for Audi for a long time as part of a big group and their policy was to give nothing away.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SH20 said:

I'm convinced now that this dealer's family run franchise operation is all about making you want to keep coming back.  The salesman said he had worked for Audi for a long time as part of a big group and their policy was to give nothing away.

Repeat business is the throbbing heart of most business models. Looking above I suspect they practice it better than most. I find it refreshing for my personal experience which over time has become jaded by the lack of such an interaction.

• Like 5

I work in support for a horribly complex piece of software, and have many customers who contact me directly because I provide a no-bull****, straight up service.
They would rather be told the unvarnished truth than fobbed off with lies and promises that are never delivered on.

Under-promise and Over-deliver, and if you don't make any profit this time, you will next time, and the time after that, etc.
Unfettered greed and "Profit Today" is at the root of the problems in so many companies.

• Like 4

Last week I was given a loan car from the local Lexus dealer while they have my car and I had to put petrol in the loan car at my expenses as the warning light for low petrol was steady on. I don't think they will refund me when I return the car but I will keep you updated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, serbarry said:

Last week I was given a loan car from the local Lexus dealer while they have my car and I had to put petrol in the loan car at my expenses as the warning light for low petrol was steady on. I don't think they will refund me when I return the car but I will keep you updated. 

Seems entirely fair that you’d need to fuel a loan car (and return with same level of fuel you’ve used) - you’d be putting fuel in your own car to drive around, so why should a Lexus dealer give you free fuel ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

Seems entirely fair that you’d need to fuel a loan car (and return with same level of fuel you’ve used) - you’d be putting fuel in your own car to drive around, so why should a Lexus dealer give you free fuel ?

Yes it is usually fair if a friend lends you his car for some time. I think that the only Lexus dealer in Co. Cork which operates in a status of monopoly and charges its customers a lot of money even for the silliest work, should not ask its customers to fuel the loan cars. And if they do, they should not give a loan car with the low fuel light on. I would accept if they had told me to return the car with the same fuel level (even though if I were the dealer I would not ask the customer to do so), but honestly for me it is unacceptable to receive a loan car with the low fuel light on. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

I work in support for a horribly complex piece of software, and have many customers who contact me directly because I provide a no-bull****, straight up service.
They would rather be told the unvarnished truth than fobbed off with lies and promises that are never delivered on.

Under-promise and Over-deliver, and if you don't make any profit this time, you will next time, and the time after that, etc.

People buy from people, this is something most companies forget, and that customers will trust support people way more if they are hoenst and up front. 

With 45 years experience I have found the trick is making the bosses think you are doing their bidding, when in fact you are keeping the clients happy, coz getting a new client if a lot more expensive than keeping the existing client.

Learnt Under-Promise Over Deliver many years ago, a great maxim to live by (expect with the missus, maybe)

• Like 4

Loan Car and fuel level should simply be to receive it FULL and on handing back the car the garage refills and charges ( or not ) the clear simple fuel cost 

Anything else is BAD PRACTICE 

Malc 

But I am old and old school maybe with customer expectation standards to match maybe 

All my business customers are given the very best experience possible …… it’s ingrained into my staff 

MB 

• Like 3

When I last used a dealer (Honda) for service, they used to give me a "test" car for the day, because I simply didn't fit in their loan cars (Jazz/Civic). Only the S2000 ever impressed me.
I always return my loan/rental cars with a full tank, but I also check that they are full when I am handed the keys, and have on a couple of occasions had to go back and insist that they fill the car before I would accept it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Loan Car and fuel level should simply be to receive it FULL and on handing back the car the garage refills and charges ( or not ) the clear simple fuel cost 

Anything else is BAD PRACTICE 

Malc 

But I am old and old school maybe with customer expectation standards to match maybe 

All my business customers are given the very best experience possible …… it’s ingrained into my staff 

MB 

All the Lexus loan cars I've had have been about half full on collection - I was just asked to return it with a similar level of fuel which was reasonable and which I always did my best to achieve. Bit swings and roundabouts as sometimes probably a bit low and other times a bit high but it was never checked when returning the car.

• Like 4

On 12/8/2023 at 5:35 PM, SH20 said:

I was told to expect something in the post by the salesman at Lexus Stoke in approximately a weeks time after collecting the car.   It arrived today and now I know why he was taking photos of the car in the hand over/viewing room.    Just need a place to hang it but thoughtful I think.

LS Picture.jpg

Gorgeous..What more can i say !!!

• Like 3

I'd be surprised if there isn't something in the small print Ts & Cs regarding petrol use in a loan car. My personal experience, at the dealership I have been a customer of for the last 16 years, has without fail been entirely reasonable. They always have a loan car that I can easily fit in to and never quibble about fuel level on return. As I say, just my anecdotal evidence in support of Lexus.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, Cotswold Pete said:

coz getting a new client if a lot more expensive than keeping the existing client.

I used to run an advertising agency and my Partner would tell new business contacts that - according to research he claimed to have seen - it cost SEVEN times as much to recruit a new customer as retaining an existing one.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links