Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear lower than the front

Newbie777

Had a look at images on t'internet and some do look a bit lower at the back. They do seem to be low anyway, like the isF as standard.

Quite a few have nice bodykits.

Used Lexus LS 600hL 4 door 5.0L LWB 2012 (912489) | YallaMotor.com

LEXUS LS460 LS460L LS600hL WALD BLACK BISON 2010 – 2012WALD USA

• Like 1

If it's like the LS430, then it is an optical illusion.
Most cars are slightly higher at the rear to compensate for squat under acceleration.
You can't compare front and rear wheel arches as they are different.
If yours is genuinely lower at the rear, then you have suspension issues.
2666612f-6cd4-43fb-8953-141824b112fd.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Most cars are slightly higher at the rear to compensate for squat under acceleration.

OK, so far most pics I have seen for the ls are lower at the bac.

My ride is not affected at all and no fault codes, no leaks.

How do I know if there is an issue with the rear suspension?

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Yes I have been comparing wheel arches and it may be an illusion, if they are different!

Niaz, it might help if you posted a photo of your LS600h taken side on with the camera close to the ground.
When you look or take photo from "normal" height your perspective is fooled by the shapes of the wings and arches and body lines.
I have just looked at 20+ side on photos of LS460/600 and all of those that were unmodified were pretty much dead level, much like the one in the photo I shared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Niaz, it might help if you posted a photo of your LS600h taken side on with the camera close to the ground.
When you look or take photo from "normal" height your perspective is fooled by the shapes of the wings and arches and body lines.
I have just looked at 20+ side on photos of LS460/600 and all of those that were unmodified were pretty much dead level, much like the one in the photo I shared.

Sorry I use my mobile and find it difficult to attach a photo, have to find it in files, but will try again now.

Yes I think now that I know the wheel arches are of a different shape, ir makes the difference.

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Here you go

Ls600hl~2.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:32 PM, BigBoomer said:

Yup, looks 100% normal to me. The gaps between the tyres and wheel arches are different front to back, but the car is level.

Thank you and good to be re-assured, got worried for a while but thanks to you and everyone else, now sorted, happy days.

• 3 months later...
On 12/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, Newbie777 said:

Thank you and good to be re-assured, got worried for a while but thanks to you and everyone else, now sorted, happy days.

Just come across this thread. Had my LS600hL 5 months now and this exact ‘issue’ has been worrying me too. My rear end does appear to be lower down than the front - the gap between top of tyre and wheel arch on the front is larger than the gap between top of tyre and wheel arch on the rear.  But i know my air suspension and self levelling and height high functions are working ok, and the rear doesnt sink low after turning the car off. Its good to hear that i wasnt the only one worrying and even better to find this thread which confirms its perfectly normal and there is no ‘issue’! 

now i just need to fix my drivers door wind noise and the find out what the knocking coming from my front left suspension is 😣

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links