Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Imported ISF

I do have 2014 jdm ISF.

I will wait to test mine when it is registered as many users said JDM ISFs do NOT have speed limiters at 112mph.

Anyway I could not live with 5.0 v8 and speed limit like that. Just dangerous to be cut off so early…

10 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

I don't mind, if the one you purchase works with the ISF too.

10 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

So I can see all our Japanese speedos are in km only. 
I can share the cost for RR racing tune if that’s ok with you (one device to serve few same cars)? 

That would work for me if they will allow that 

9 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

I do have 2014 jdm ISF.

I will wait to test mine when it is registered as many users said JDM ISFs do NOT have speed limiters at 112mph.

Anyway I could not live with 5.0 v8 and speed limit like that. Just dangerous to be cut off so early…

I will have to test mine again as it seemed it was limited via it just cutting the throttle but maybe I was mistaken. I really want to sort the cruise control though 72 is just too slow 

On 2/29/2024 at 1:42 PM, jeffrosie6 said:

Hi guys. My ISF is finally here. Can't wait to pick it up. 

Who do you'll insure with as most insurers don't cover the ISF 🙁

Surprisingly even AdrianFlux don't cover the ISF

Admiral Multicar for me £372, but then its not an import which I suspect will bump the premium

The only way I found to convert the Speedometer from KPH to MPH when I shipped my ISF to the UK was to change the whole speedometer....can't remember where I sourced it from but I remember it was not aneasy find as it changes your millage back to Zero 😁 and not many people will sell you a new speedometer.

I had Lexus dealership in the UK swap over the speedometer (eventhough I can do it myself) but I wanted them to record the actual millage of the car in the maintenance manual so that no one says I'm playing around with the millage. I drove the car in the UK for like 3 years and whenever someone would look at the millage they get shocked cause it was well under 2k Miles for a car that was 10 years old. 

Read about that in your thread. If I had the std type speedo, I probably would have gone that route. But as I already have the facelift speedo, was looking for a solution. 

Need to see if a speedo converter in the speed signal wire will work. Not too bothered as I'm using a HUD in mph.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:44 PM, jeffrosie6 said:

Read about that in your thread. If I had the std type speedo, I probably would have gone that route. But as I already have the facelift speedo, was looking for a solution. 

Need to see if a speedo converter in the speed signal wire will work. Not too bothered as I'm using a HUD in mph.

Wait, you have the facelift digital speedo?

Press the button that switches between trip/odo so it shows the odometer not the trip count, then hold it down until the speedo switches between KPH/MPH

Simples 🙂

NB: This will also switch the units used by the multifunction display (I.E range in miles not km) but I figure you want that too.

Tried go compare and money supermarket and the cheapest I can find is £670 with Admiral - 5 yrs no claims and HS exhaust mod only.  Did not qualify for multicar but cannot see that making much difference 10% maybe? Last year was £470 for the same car with 4 yrs NCB

1 hour ago, RichGS11 said:

I was expecting a massive bump up, but mine will be renewing this month for £17 extra from last year.

All my insurance has gone up between 35 and 50% - car house etc. Have I done something awful? I don't think so.

Can anyone recommend an insurer? I have tried the usual suspects - go compare moneysupermarket and even Adrian Flux but they all want the big increases despite no claims and an extra yrs NCB.   Hastings Admiral and Bennetts for the bike seem to be the "best" or should I say least bad value bearing in mind the ridiculous increases.

15 minutes ago, GMB said:

All my insurance has gone up between 35 and 50% - car house etc. Have I done something awful? I don't think so.

Can anyone recommend an insurer? I have tried the usual suspects - go compare moneysupermarket and even Adrian Flux but they all want the big increases despite no claims and an extra yrs NCB.   Hastings Admiral and Bennetts for the bike seem to be the "best" or should I say least bad value bearing in mind the ridiculous increases.

I suspect the Turks will do the best Insurance for you. Google Kebabs ToGo.

12 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Press the button that switches between trip/odo so it shows the odometer not the trip count, then hold it down until the speedo switches between KPH/MPH

Simples 🙂

NB: This will also switch the units used by the multifunction display (I.E range in miles not km) but I figure you want that too.

I have tried this on mine and had no luck, does not seem to want to change for me

13 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Simples 🙂

Facelift dash, but not converting to MPH 😕

This reminds me of the situation where you buy a used car and the insurance ask about modifications and you answer None.

Then they find something like this and use it as an excuse not to pay out. At one time you could say - " To the best of my knowledge" but that escape clause seems to have disappeared. For example how would anyone know if the car had been remapped without checking all the possible permutations. Or the car could have a sports cam in it and you would not know. Crazy.

17099914143935649362871651374933.jpg

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

This reminds me of the situation where you buy a used car and the insurance ask about modifications and you answer None.

• Insurance: Any mods?
  • Customer: Nope
  • Insurance: But you said it was imported, don't they need modifications to be road legal?
  • Customer: You charge for those!?!
  • Insurance: *laughs in banker*

44 minutes ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Facelift dash, but not converting to MPH 😕

Ahh sorry, I was just quoting the manual, maybe they just didn't add that feature to the JDM cars 😞

Believe this or not. I tell you this is what I was told when I queried the ridiculous price increase and that I would be going elsewhere to buy my insurance:- They actually said " But wood has gone up 200% in price. We cannot reduce the offer.

I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

Looking under the car, it's fitted with a full manifold back exhaust system. Don't know the brand, but it's stainless. And got 2 cats before it joins to become 1 and go to the rear. 

Not very loud, but changes to loud when RPM goes over 3500

No motorway drone, just a hint of exhaust note 👌

9 minutes ago, jeffrosie6 said:

but changes to loud when RPM goes over 3500

It's actually designed to work that way, that change in sound is normal for the ISF. With the H&S exhaust the note goes from deep musical burble to howling banshee trumpets at about 3500rpm. Lovely!

14 hours ago, J Henderson said:

HKS Super Sound Master looks pretty distinctive.

Wow! Is that complicated or what?  It looks like the Tuba section of an orchestra on steroids. I googled this system and it sounds nice but not much different from any other aftermarket system really. Big price difference from the H&S catback system which sounds very nice.  I wonder if you get a performance benefit as well as the nice sound? I think the H&S gives a couple of extra horses by breathing better, but not a lot .

BTW   - where's the rust? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links