Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LBX first reviews

I think the Auto Express and Autocar reviews are surprisingly positive.

The main gripe seems to be lack of space, which isn't a problem for some people.  For example, the rear seats on my car rarely get used and the boot is big enough to carry the shopping.

Nice to hear it has a premium feel to it as well.

From my point of view, the only two things that realistically detract from it are the performance and the price.  Not a lot, but if they could shave a couple of grand off the Takumi spec and somehow gain 30-40hp, it would make a very tempting proposition for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I think the Auto Express and Autocar reviews are surprisingly positive.

The main gripe seems to be lack of space, which isn't a problem for some people.  For example, the rear seats on my car rarely get used and the boot is big enough to carry the shopping.

Nice to hear it has a premium feel to it as well.

From my point of view, the only two things that realistically detract from it are the performance and the price.  Not a lot, but if they could shave a couple of grand off the Takumi spec and somehow gain 30-40hp, it would make a very tempting proposition for me.

Agreed. Around 8s 0-60 time and £36k for top spec and I think this car would really sell. The price premium above the Yaris Cross just seems too much at the moment.

Perhaps it’ll be better value “nearly new”/used, as I suspect the initial depreciation may be significant…

I viewed the LBX yesterday. Got to say I was impressed and it actually looks bigger in the metal than the photos suggest. Certainly got a premium feel to the interior and has the expected Lexus attention to detail. Bootspace is actually better than I imagined being deeper than a UX. When the time comes to downsize from my NX it's a car I would certainly consider.

2 hours ago, BkS said:

Lexus Edinburgh has one of these in, and it's not that much smaller than a UX. Still don't like SUVs alas I am a minority 🤣

Lexus Edinburgh showing the car until today.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, gdamorini said:

Am i wrong if i say that it resembles too much the Renault Capture?

I agree, yes it does, and for that reason I would not wish to buy one.  I bought a new top-spec Renault Captur in 2015, red exterior with a black roof, and kept it for 3 years.  So I agree that the LBX does resemble the Captur, although the finish was nowhere near Lexus quality.

On 12/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, gdamorini said:

Am i wrong if i say that it resembles too much the Renault Capture?

Well, when my LBX arrives in April I’ll park it next to my wife’s Renault Captur and see how much it resembles…. I’ve driven the LBX which certainly doesn’t feel like a Captur but similarly, in a better way, has a premium feel like my current NX

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 10:10 PM, Ed659 said:

Well, when my LBX arrives in April I’ll park it next to my wife’s Renault Captur and see how much it resembles…. I’ve driven the LBX which certainly doesn’t feel like a Captur but similarly, in a better way, has a premium feel like my current NX

Yes and anyone that thinks it compares to a Captur in any other way than looks, doesn’t know about cars.  It’s like comparing a piper with a F35.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links