Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a UX

Morning. So my folks had a scare just before Christmas. T-boned at a junction (see pics) on the way back after collecting my 9 year old lad. THANKFULLY all OK 🙏  Lad took bit of a bruising though from the impact/airbags going off as he was sat in the rear left and typical kid likely to have been leaning on the door. Anyway, their RX did its job and protected everyone :thumbsup:

Currently waiting for it to be assessed but really can't see this amount of damage being buffed out...

SO...on the look out for a replacement. Dad wants to stick to Lexus (great) but this time get something smaller. New RX and NX remain too big so was looking at a (used) UX. Been to see a few and have a couple shortlisted - criteria being full leather (at a push the F Sport suede/leather split), nav (preferably the big screen variety), parking sensors front and rear and needs to be sub £20k (and still don't know what the insurance payout will be). Everything else is a bonus.

However, wanted to get your views on a few things please so reaching out to my forum brethren...

1. Anyone please have a PDF brochure/spec sheets from when it was launched? Likely looking at 2019/20/21 model cars.
  2. Run flats - HATED these on the 5 series I had but I guess a necessity these days. Have had all-seasons fitted on cars but can only find some Conti's in the 225/50/18 sizing for the UX. Anyone had any luck with other brands (currently run Goodyear 4 Seasons and Michelin CrossClimates).
  3. Interior wear - in the cars seen so far it doesn't seem to matter whether it's done sub 20k miles or above 70K, the wear on the gear selector and steering seems excessive (super shiny/worn leather). How have you folk generally been holding up with the interior trim?
  4. Keep hearing about the canbus attacks on the RX, ES and NX. Presuming the UX is also affected?? :sad:

Cheers,

Noman

2023-12-18_12-19-31_446.jpeg

2023-12-18_12-20-02_842.jpeg

2023-12-18_12-20-05_976.jpeg

• Sad 1

Does it have to be the hybrid or would they consider the UX300e electric version? You mention their budget of sub £20,000. I bought a 2021 UX300e Takumi, sub 10,000 miles, immaculate, in October for £19,500.

The long and short is that the 300e has a Chademo rapid charger, rather than CCS, and that is like having a Betamax video player vs a VHS. This appears to have hammered the used prices. This would have been a £54,000 car new. 

If their useage case means they would never, or rarely, need to use the rapid charger (like me) it is otherwise fantastic and can be had cheaper than an equivalent hybrid.

Actually all 3 of our EV’s were Chademo and there are still loads of them around, the Nissan Leaf also still comes with Chademo. The original Kia Soul EV and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV also have it. So with so many cars on the road Chademo support will be around for years. But the market has still decided on the used prices.

I used the Reflex Orkney / Ecocars buy to order at auction scheme, have bought my last 2 EV’s from them. I’m in Leicestershire but they deliver from the auction house to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 - Here's a spec history doc that I've not completed yet but gives you info for the first couple of years. 

Lexus UX Series I.pdf

Also a brochure from Jan 2021

UX price list 2021 01.pdf

2 - Run flats are only on the 18" wheel vehicles so if you don't want them get one with 17" wheels.

3 - Not really noticed any on mine - it's almost 4 years old now but low mileage.

4 - Yes but doesn't seem to be a target as yet. Not sure if it is more difficult or there are just more expensive vehicles to target (RX).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim1977 said:

Does it have to be the hybrid or would they consider the UX300e electric version? You mention their budget of sub £20,000. I bought a 2021 UX300e Takumi, sub 10,000 miles, immaculate, in October for £19,500.

The long and short is that the 300e has a Chademo rapid charger, rather than CCS, and that is like having a Betamax video player vs a VHS. This appears to have hammered the used prices. This would have been a £54,000 car new. 

If their useage case means they would never, or rarely, need to use the rapid charger (like me) it is otherwise fantastic and can be had cheaper than an equivalent hybrid.

Actually all 3 of our EV’s were Chademo and there are still loads of them around, the Nissan Leaf also still comes with Chademo. The original Kia Soul EV and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV also have it. So with so many cars on the road Chademo support will be around for years. But the market has still decided on the used prices.

I used the Reflex Orkney / Ecocars buy to order at auction scheme, have bought my last 2 EV’s from them. I’m in Leicestershire but they deliver from the auction house to you.

Thanks for the info James. Good point as I had noticed that the electric variety did seem cheaper and I couldn't understand why. Their use-case though may be an issue due to the sub 200 mile range here. Will have a chat though.

That Reflex company also sounds like a decent option. Will deffo save that in my favourites.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

1 - Here's a spec history doc that I've not completed yet but gives you info for the first couple of years. 

Lexus UX Series I.pdf 210.95 kB · 1 download

Also a brochure from Jan 2021

UX price list 2021 01.pdf 1.57 MB · 0 downloads

2 - Run flats are only on the 18" wheel vehicles so if you don't want them get one with 17" wheels.

3 - Not really noticed any on mine - it's almost 4 years old now but low mileage.

4 - Yes but doesn't seem to be a target as yet. Not sure if it is more difficult or there are just more expensive vehicles to target (RX).

Excellent! Much appreciated for putting together Colin. Very useful.

Shame they don't do more RFT versions of all-seasons 😞

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Thanks for the info James. Good point as I had noticed that the electric variety did seem cheaper and I couldn't understand why. Their use-case though may be an issue due to the sub 200 mile range here. Will have a chat though.

That Reflex company also sounds like a decent option. Will deffo save that in my favourites.

Yes at this time of year I would say 100-140 range and summer probably 160-200.

If you’d like more info on the Reflex process, Jonathan Porterfield on YouTube did a video recently about the buying of my car, you’ll see the grey UX with me standing with it on the video thumbnail. He ran the company for years as EcoCars.net, but has retired and now acts as the consultant and social media side for Reflex Orkney.

Feel free to ask any questions about the process if it pans out to be an option for them.

• Like 1

I went all season from day one.  I had a little compressor and gunge kit so I’ve just renewed the gunge.  Trouble is, I’ve got four brand new runflats now.  Make me a daft offer anyone?

Mine is 18 months old and the Bridgestone run flats were abysmally noisy on anything but ice-smooth tarmac and that's as rare as a slow Tesla driver around Leicestershire! Very pleased to be rid of them.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 10:32 AM, Normski said:

Morning. So my folks had a scare just before Christmas. T-boned at a junction (see pics) on the way back after collecting my 9 year old lad. THANKFULLY all OK 🙏  Lad took bit of a bruising though from the impact/airbags going off as he was sat in the rear left and typical kid likely to have been leaning on the door. Anyway, their RX did its job and protected everyone :thumbsup:

Currently waiting for it to be assessed but really can't see this amount of damage being buffed out...

SO...on the look out for a replacement. Dad wants to stick to Lexus (great) but this time get something smaller. New RX and NX remain too big so was looking at a (used) UX. Been to see a few and have a couple shortlisted - criteria being full leather (at a push the F Sport suede/leather split), nav (preferably the big screen variety), parking sensors front and rear and needs to be sub £20k (and still don't know what the insurance payout will be). Everything else is a bonus.

However, wanted to get your views on a few things please so reaching out to my forum brethren...

1. Anyone please have a PDF brochure/spec sheets from when it was launched? Likely looking at 2019/20/21 model cars.
  2. Run flats - HATED these on the 5 series I had but I guess a necessity these days. Have had all-seasons fitted on cars but can only find some Conti's in the 225/50/18 sizing for the UX. Anyone had any luck with other brands (currently run Goodyear 4 Seasons and Michelin CrossClimates).
  3. Interior wear - in the cars seen so far it doesn't seem to matter whether it's done sub 20k miles or above 70K, the wear on the gear selector and steering seems excessive (super shiny/worn leather). How have you folk generally been holding up with the interior trim?
  4. Keep hearing about the canbus attacks on the RX, ES and NX. Presuming the UX is also affected?? :sad:

Cheers,

Noman

2023-12-18_12-19-31_446.jpeg

2023-12-18_12-20-02_842.jpeg

2023-12-18_12-20-05_976.jpeg

Hello, i attach some files with the 2019 UX specifications and a picture with booth measurements.

UX_Boot_Measurements.png

2019_Lexus_UX_Press_Kit_FULL.PDF brochure-2019-usa.pdf

• Like 2

The only thing on a pre 2022 model (blue badges) that might drive you mad is that confounded trackpad.  When I bought my 2020 NX, I thought it was journalistic tosh but I hated the thing.  I don’t agree with touchscreens that work with the car in motion but they’re better than that trackpad.  Try before you buy is my advice.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Don C said:

The only thing on a pre 2022 model (blue badges) that might drive you mad is that confounded trackpad.  When I bought my 2020 NX, I thought it was journalistic tosh but I hated the thing.  I don’t agree with touchscreens that work with the car in motion but they’re better than that trackpad.  Try before you buy is my advice.  

Cheers Don. Thankfully my Dad has had the pain/pleasure of using similar in his 2011 RX wrt the whole trackpad experience. I do miss the touchscreen in my gen 2 RX but I guess since then so much more tech/functions have needed to be added that things have had to be crammed in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gdamorini said:

Hello, i attach some files with the 2019 UX specifications and a picture with booth measurements.

UX_Boot_Measurements.png

2019_Lexus_UX_Press_Kit_FULL.PDF 840.53 kB · 2 downloads brochure-2019-usa.pdf 7.67 MB · 2 downloads

Cheers Daniele. Nice insight. Have saved them for future reference and comparison :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links