Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

22 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Public service medal on the way.

Now. We are looking to buy a dehumidifier. Suggestions?

My 5 page recommend sheet is underway just as soon as I have helped granny across the road. Oops, well she had a good life.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Public service medal on the way.

Now. We are looking to buy a dehumidifier. Suggestions?

What for the house or car ?

Sad to say I can’t do anything to reserve the car as he reckons he’s got a stack of people waiting for it to be ‘unreserved’. I’m sure on this occasion he’s quite right and not bluffing. I’ll go off and enjoy my holiday now and resume the search when I get back. I’d much rather be freezing my nadgers off at home but someone’s got to occupy this sunbed in Florida!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob King said:

It’s okay we’re just kicking our feet around the floor …until Gary makes his mind up 😉😉

Given my search for Jag XK to pair with my SC430 has gone absolutely nowhere may be I should just go back with chequebook

Just kidding. I want something different enough to what I have so that I can appreciate both of them for what they are

Not looking for another SC430 for that very reason.

22 minutes ago, Bob King said:

At this price just does not make much economic sense though. Even with that low mileage the clocks still ticking on all that stuff that degrades with age irrespective of use so you still going to be spending plus paying the price premium to start with.

7 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

At this price just does not make much economic sense though. Even with that low mileage the clocks still ticking on all that stuff that degrades with age irrespective of use so you still going to be spending plus paying the price premium to start with.

I think I must have been lucky as my low mileage car has been exceptional despite paying way over the odds for. Two and a half years on I haven’t spent a penny on it other than a service snd all the changes I wanted to do to make it how I want it. I do agree over time things will deteriorate but perhaps not at the rate people seem to think they will.  Personally I would not hesitate to buy a car again that has had little use as opposed to one used all the time on the basis regular use will be better and mean less trouble ahead.  Just my opinion on the subject.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I think I must have been lucky as my low mileage car has been exceptional despite paying way over the odds for. Two and a half years on I haven’t spent a penny on it other than a service snd all the changes I wanted to do to make it how I want it. I do agree over time things will deteriorate but perhaps not at the rate people seem to think they will.  Personally I would not hesitate to buy a car again that has had little use as opposed to one used all the time on the basis regular use will be better and mean less trouble ahead.  Just my opinion on the subject.

May be this varies considerably by car manufacturer. Lexus may fare rather better than others. I have recently been searching for a jag xk series and I can tell you there are more than a few so called  low mileage cars that have serious, terminal even, corrosion issues. Frankly, they really have little more than 'breaking' value in my mind given the costs of keeping them MOT worthy.

The other aspect of this is this. A car that is doing reasonable mileage most weeks that puts it beyond low mileage per se comes with a certain psychological advantage. The owner using it regularly is more likely to accept the value of keeping up it's maintenance. Someone poodling around in a car for a 1,000 miles a year let's those advisories just run and run as long as they don't result in MOT failure. That is also an indicator of their general mindset to spending on maintenance. All of the latter has exceptions , of course we all know that, but if you look at enough MOT histories you will see plenty of evidence that this happens a lot.

You can almost seem the 'wheels' turning for the owners thought process. Only done a 1,000 miles this year and it cost x for road tax, y to insure, that's z for cost per mile covered , oh can't justify spending C on maintenance unless I absolutely have to.

I am really glad yours worked out for you, but I think this is a bit parochial rather than a general rule that it will usually work out that way. Frankly, if it's low mileage I think the bills for works becomes even more essential. If you don't see much then likelihood is you will be starting with tyres reardless of tread and moving on from there to corroded brake pipes, suspensions arms  etc etc.

• Like 2

Stephen  .......  how about buying a MilkFloat .......  be like Norman Wisdom in your dotage 😉

Malc

5 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Stephen  .......  how about buying a MilkFloat .......  be like Norman Wisdom in your dotage 😉

Malc

I think I already have the  Norman 'twitch' nailed down.

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, Boomer54 said:

May be this varies considerably by car manufacturer. Lexus may fare rather better than others. I have recently been searching for a jag xk series and I can tell you there are more than a few so called  low mileage cars that have serious, terminal even, corrosion issues. Frankly, they really have little more than 'breaking' value in my mind given the costs of keeping them MOT worthy.

The other aspect of this is this. A car that is doing reasonable mileage most weeks that puts it beyond low mileage per se comes with a certain psychological advantage. The owner using it regularly is more likely to accept the value of keeping up it's maintenance. Someone poodling around in a car for a 1,000 miles a year let's those advisories just run and run as long as they don't result in MOT failure. That is also an indicator of their general mindset to spending on maintenance. All of the latter has exceptions , of course we all know that, but if you look at enough MOT histories you will see plenty of evidence that this happens a lot.

You can almost seem the 'wheels' turning for the owners thought process. Only done a 1,000 miles this year and it cost x for road tax, y to insure, that's z for cost per mile covered , oh can't justify spending C on maintenance unless I absolutely have to.

I am really glad yours worked out for you, but I think this is a bit parochial rather than a general rule that it will usually work out that way. Frankly, if it's low mileage I think the bills for works becomes even more essential. If you don't see much then likelihood is you will be starting with tyres reardless of tread and moving on from there to corroded brake pipes, suspensions arms  etc etc.

I agree that it is somewhat down to the make and model of car. We all know for instance that Jag’s rust really badly and the good one will be the one that is rust free and maintained regardless of mileage. My RX is now 8 years old and has only done 28,000 mile and is faultless. It has always been under warranty and serviced as required every year. Japanese cars especially Lexus are certainly top of list for reliability and keeping their condition. Good luck with your search for a XK which are a lovely car and very stylish. Whenever I see one the owner always looks very pleased he’s driving one and I think yes I would like one too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I agree that it is somewhat down to the make and model of car. We all know for instance that Jag’s rust really badly and the good one will be the one that is rust free and maintained regardless of mileage. My RX is now 8 years old and has only done 28,000 mile and is faultless. It has always been under warranty and serviced as required every year. Japanese cars especially Lexus are certainly top of list for reliability and keeping their condition. Good luck with your search for a XK which are a lovely car and very stylish. Whenever I see one the owner always looks very pleased he’s driving one and I think yes I would like one too.

Thanks. May take awhile. Bit like the adage you have got to kiss a lot of frogs to find a Prince, or in this case parse through a lot of rust, and poor maintenance to find the right car. In fairness I am a picky beggar so it's just that bit harder for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Has this one been discussed yet?

https://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-sc-430-43-2dr-V2612/

Price £10,675
Mileage 66,798 miles
Year 2007

Not seen that before..good price, so won’t hang about !

headlamps very faded even under cover, so will look terrible in direct sunlight. Now £1400.00 the pair to replace .

odd front parking sensors black , yet rears colour matched .

Very tidy and interior , good branded tyres, aftermarket radio…hope the wood flap still works .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Bought a Meaco dehumidifier btw

Dried out alien corpse? | Weird creatures, Creepy animals, Creatures

Be careful with the settings you don't want it too dry - can cause issues.😐

• Like 1

Coming back to that Shipley car I was surprised to learn that the Roof Boot Tonneau which is basically coming apart is going to be an expensive job to replace unless you can find one in decent shape coming from a breaker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links