SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

15 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Feedback on said car ..

headlamp faded (need replacing )

water stains in boot.

dig in both door skins.

dealer wont budge on price .

Thanks for this and the pics, you've saved a wasted trip.

Gary has been to look at the blue one at westfields .

..saying that might have been another guy in the group ..time to look through this thread again 😮

• Like 1

Hi chaps

Yes, I did look at the one in Westfield and it’s definitely well overpriced. I personally wouldn’t give more than £9k for it.

There are people on here far more qualified than me to cast judgement but what about the Balfour one?

• Like 1

Yes I agree the black on black Balfour SC might be worth a look....if you like black.🙂 

It was the most desired colour combination for the Mk2 Soarer. 

• Like 1

Balfour car….
Can’t see much wrong with this in the photos, headlamps starting to discolour and the aerial is bent back and up in every photo (suspect busted ) .

Fair money for the the mileage, black bodywork does need a bit more work to make it sparkle, yet the interior looks mint, good tyre brand …worth a look  👍🏻
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402046230198

• Like 1

Problem I found trying to " buy " a Jap Import was the leftover Japanese hieroglyphics and dash labels etc that will always be left there

I dare say one can have all this changed by someone" in the know " but then why do they all still have that linguistic issue left on the cars  ....  I suspect it's nigh impossible, maybe economically, to get to simple total English !   ..  I'm not just talking about  kph to mph stuff 

Very different to buying a regular UK car which are totally UK English all over ......... and of course usually higher mileage and some brown stuff underneath ..  rust tinted metal 😉

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Problem I found trying to " buy " a Jap Import was the leftover Japanese hieroglyphics and dash labels etc that will always be left there

I dare say one can have all this changed by someone" in the know " but then why do they all still have that linguistic issue left on the cars  ....  I suspect it's nigh impossible, maybe economically, to get to simple total English !   ..  I'm not just talking about  kph to mph stuff 

Very different to buying a regular UK car which are totally UK English all over ......... and of course usually higher mileage and some brown stuff underneath ..  rust tinted metal 😉

Malc

I had an JDM 3 door Rav4 years ago and found the kilometre Speedo irritating.

With the SC there are more things no uk spec…speedo/trip in KPH,sat/sav not uk comparable , no rear fog lamps built into bumper, radio different FM band.

Yet you do get an immaculate condition vehicle on the underside …..so it’s swings and roundabouts !

But....most of the slightly crusty undersides will probably see the average owner out!

Speeding down the motorway yesterday a stone bounced off the car somewhere. Might rename it Chippy.

Can't just keep them wrapped up in the garage 

40 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

But....most of the slightly crusty undersides will probably see the average owner out!

Speeding down the motorway yesterday a stone bounced off the car somewhere. Might rename it Chippy.

Can't just keep them wrapped up in the garage 

Well that’s my OCD kicking in 😁😁

Stone may have caught windscreen ☹️

I note the Shipley car although a £1k added now comes with a cambelt/pump change. They were at least listening albeit  a bit sharp on covering the cost.

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I note the Shipley car although a £1k added now comes with a cambelt/pump change. They were at least listening albeit  a bit sharp on covering the cost.

That would be a peace of mind for customers, trouble is they would probably go with cheap pattern parts .

I would prefer money off get it done to a good standard 👍🏻

Speaking of which. 
My mechanic buddy is giving my new acquisition a thorough examination today and is replacing cam belt, pump and plugs as part of a full service. 
I feel like an expectant father waiting to hear some news. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

Speaking of which. 
My mechanic buddy is giving my new acquisition a thorough examination today and is replacing cam belt, pump and plugs as part of a full service. 
I feel like an expectant father waiting to hear some news. 

Have you requested genuine parts or pattern ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links