Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UX versus Toyota C-HR Premiere Edition

I must admit to being quite impressed with the 2024 Toyota C-HR Premiere Edition, although I haven't actually seen it or driven it yet.  I see it as a potential replacement for my UX later this year.  The Premiere Edition certainly contains many of the features of the Lexus UX Takumi, e.g. head-up display, power tailgate etc.  It also has a panoramic glass roof, which the UX doesn't have (my 2020 UX Takumi has a rather dated tilt-slide sunroof).  

Rear windows on the C-HR look very small compared to the UX, and I imagine it is a bit claustrophobic in the back, although that's not a show-stopper.  However, when all the packs and extras that make it similar to a Lexus are added, this pushes the price over £42K, which is a bit steep. 

I am unsure if Lexus plan to issue a new gen UX in the near future (on the C-HR platform) - if so, maybe I'll hang on, rather than 'downgrade' to a Toyota.

Tim don't forget the £40K tax threshold which guess will bite you if you try and match the UX Takumi in any case. If that bothers you is there a slightly less specked C-HR that comes under £40K that would save you £390 x 5 years?

• Like 1

Various brokers have had the new C-HR with £8k discounts available, meaning it’s low £30ks depending on the exact spec. It is a very tempting price for a lot of car - and I’d probably take a 2.0 Premiere and live with the £600/yr VED (as annoying as it is!). 

3 hours ago, Goodplan53 said:

I am unsure if Lexus plan to issue a new gen UX in the near future (on the C-HR platform) - if so, maybe I'll hang on, rather than 'downgrade' to a Toyota.

The new UX300h has been announced (although not by Lexus UK yet) which has the improved drivetrain as the new C-HR

I don't think there is much difference size-wise to the current C-HR so rear seat is most likely claustrophobic. I bought a brand new C-HR R-Sport had it for 5 months, lost a packet as I soon went back to Lexus even though I realise the UX boot is even smaller.

I am actually a fan of Toyota but they just do not drive the same with increased engine, tyre and lots of wind noise!

Infotainment system was miles ahead of the UX I purchased that was only 4 months older than the C-HR though.

I guess you pay your money and make your choice!

I have been hanging off jumping into a new UX as I think it’s getting near to the end of its lifespan in its current guise, but then they release another update a little over a year after the last one with the 300h which is great, but oddly no visual styling changes, not even wheels to make it stand out.

I was thinking 2026 for the second generation, but now I’m not so sure… it could be longer than that now?

I’ve seen the new C-HR, but decided against it. It wasn’t so much the price, but rather it’s an awful lot of money for a Toyota that you are going to see everywhere, whereas for the same or a bit more you can have a more exclusive Lexus. 
then again now the Gen 5 Prius is coming to the UK I may go down that route. 

Decisions decisions….

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Surely someone on here would know if/when the UX300h is coming to the UK ?
I have my doubts whether it will, seems to me Lexus is hoping the LBX is going to pick up the UX sales but it’s not for me.

your thoughts?

12 hours ago, RuxFord said:

Surely someone on here would know if/when the UX300h is coming to the UK ?
I have my doubts whether it will, seems to me Lexus is hoping the LBX is going to pick up the UX sales but it’s not for me.

your thoughts?

I can tell you categorically that it is.  Lexus have finished building the 250h so it’s just a question of depleting UK stocks.  There will be a few changes to the spec too but mainly the Mk5 powertrain, digital dash and electronic gear shift.  

I too have second thoughts on getting the CHR instead of the UX but once I got the UX  I have made the right decision. Lexus has always been more premium than Toyota. Yes, specs wise CHR seems to be more uprated than the UX but retaining value Lexus tops the ChR. The VED really is a real pain in the back side of owning new cars above 40k. Im just in time when the 2nd generation of UX comes out probably 2026. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links