Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's a good average tyre life on the Lexus UK models. i will only get around 10'000 miles, as that's about all iv'e ever got over the past 50 years. It's not great, but I guess that's the penalty of short journeys on bad roads 

• Sad 1

I've often achieved  20 - 25 k miles per tyre / per axle, with proper balancing tracking alignment whatever .......... over decades with my Ls400s

Malc

• Like 1

Approaching 20k miles still on same Bridgestone's front wheel drive however the rears are wearing quicker. I will change rears in spring think I'm going for Hankook's

Managed to get 25000+ miles on a  set of michelin cross climates on a vauxhall corsa,and even when I sold it still had 3mm of thread on it 

• Like 1

22546 miles and more to go on Michelin Cross climate 2.  Balanced (by Lexus Sheffield) when installed only and nothing else.  Also used to get good mileage out of Vredstein tyres but the Michelins are better (and more expensive, of course). Not sure what difference it makes but current Lexus is AWD.

I’ve done just over 20,000 miles in my UX F Sport with Bridgestone run flats. Still have 4mm on the front ones and 7mm on the rears. So the front ones will get to the next MOT. In June. I think I drive normally, I certainly don’t spend much time thinking about tyre wear. It’s the sort of mileage I would have expected. I do look at the pressures every week or so and maintain them at 32psi.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever had such a low figure as 10k miles over many decades of driving, I would expect 20K plus, may be 30K.  Do you drive fast, corner and brake hard?  rapid tyre wear is the penalty of hard driving as well as poor economy.

I usually drive up to the speed limits but gentle acceleration, cornering and braking.

Bill D.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

I don't think I have ever had such a low figure as 10k miles over many decades of driving, I would expect 20K plus, may be 30K.  Do you drive fast, corner and brake hard?  rapid tyre wear is the penalty of hard driving as well as poor economy.

I usually drive up to the speed limits but gentle acceleration, cornering and braking.

Bill D.

No bill, I'm told by family I'm the slowest driver they've ever seen 🙁

• Haha 2

My ( new to me ) 69 Takumi has 22000 miles on its original Bridgestone run flat tyres, still loads of life left. Which is a shame cos I think they are rubbish, if they are not whistling, then they are rumbling, whining or shimmying over white lines, wet or dry. Can’t wait till they wear out tbh 😂

I will normally achieve between 25<>30,000 miles on a set of tyres.   (both for the Lexus and the previous MB S500)

Always use decent tyres (current M.. X Climates), previously Continental on the MB)

I check my tyre pressures every 3<>4 weeks, (and drive gently), but read a report a few months ago (and cannot remember the source), that over 50% of drivers drive on under-inflated tyres)

As below, over 22000 and Lexus just checked them yesterday: 4 left on the front and 5 on the rear so definitely recommend Michelin Climates... And the Ls600hl is a heavy car with AWD.  I thought the rears would show more wear but obviously not.  Will rotate the next set.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links