Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Link+ App Vehicle Status unknown

Picked up my NX350h today and the dealer sorted out all the Link+ app and and said all is good. When I check the app now I can see the Mileage, Fuel, Range, and I have some Remote Control options but it shows a "Status unknown" at the top for the vehicle status. Also the Hybrid Coaching says "There is no data at this time. Your score and trips will be available after your first trip.". When I click on "Status unknown" it opens a tab "Vehicle Status" but only shows an "An error occurred. Please try again later".

Wondering if anyone has experienced the same.

When I picked up my car, it took several days before all the features started working, not all came on at the same time. That was with the original link app but I imagine it would be the same with the new link + app.

2 hours ago, jimmy123 said:

but only shows an "An error occurred. Please try again later".

It does thos occasionally. I believe it is the backend that is unreliable and occasionally goes down. Toyota is not as good at software as it is at car making. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Serguei said:

It does thos occasionally. I believe it is the backend that is unreliable and occasionally goes down. Toyota is not as good at software as it is at car making. 

That's my belief.  The new App is better (well less worse would be more to the point) than the original App but it was very noticeable that in the recent cold weather the remote climate control failed several times.  Hard to escape the conclusion that's because understandably there were far more demands and the Lexus servers were not up to the job.

Lexus know how to build a superb car mechanically but are letting their brand reputation go to the dogs with their inability to have a reliable and rich featured IT overlay that increasingly 21st century motoring expects,

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stevek13 said:

Yesterday we did 5 journeys, the App says we only did 3 of them.  That's fairly typical forgetfulness of Lexus IT

In my experience those missing trips will appear some time later. Not great but better late than never.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 9:11 PM, jimmy123 said:

Picked up my NX350h today and the dealer sorted out all the Link+ app and and said all is good. When I check the app now I can see the Mileage, Fuel, Range, and I have some Remote Control options but it shows a "Status unknown" at the top for the vehicle status. Also the Hybrid Coaching says "There is no data at this time. Your score and trips will be available after your first trip.". When I click on "Status unknown" it opens a tab "Vehicle Status" but only shows an "An error occurred. Please try again later".

Mine has been showing "status unknown " for the last few days! Reckon it must be a Lexus server issue. Countdown to next service also hasn't moved for over 2 weeks! 

• 2 months later...

Mine is exactly like yours after 5 days. Lexus cars are nice but their App is rubbish. It took them forever to get rid of that touch pad and finally came up with touchscreen. Wonder how many years it take to sort out their app!!! 

I picked up my new NX yesterday and I have the exact same issue and behaviour in the App, unknown status, no trips etc.

When I picked the car up, they could not get the car to link up when they went through the handover, but said this happens sometimes and should be ok in a day or two.

Today I managed to link up to the Lexus servers via the Lexus Link + app, so I thought all was OK, but if I got to the head unit and click on Lexus it says an error has occurred, try again later.

Is this likely to come online in the next day or so, or do I need to uninstall and start again?

Thanks

• Confused 1

Quick update. 

Just checked the app and it now shows the vehicle status - doors locked etc. but no hybrid coaching yet…..

• Like 1

It was the case with the old app and probably still the case that not all services were available straight away. In my case, my dealer had set up my email address with Lexus HQ prior to collection so the car and app could be linked when I picked the car up. All the services were fully working in 3 or 4 days.

• Like 2

Success!

Sat in the car this morning and was greeted by a nice blue sat nav screen and a Qi code to scan. 

Deleted the car in the app I had set up via registration number yesterday and scanned the barcode. 

I had to go through some of my personalisation settings again, linked the key to my profile and now everything seems to be OK. 

Nothing in the hybrid coaching section yet, but hopefully that will populate once I drive the car. 

• Like 1

Yes it does take time for everything to appear. I picked up my new RX this week, dealer had registered everything in readiness but first two journeys in the car haven't been recorded. All OK since.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links