Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 350h Insurance

I have had my NX renewall come through and its doubled. I then went to Aviva to get a quote on;y to find it declined without any expalnation other than my NX350h will not be insured by Aviva.

Has anyone had insurance problems based on this Model?

Extract from Auto express says it all  =

The above examples and other factors prove we’re in a rotten, car insurance industry-inspired mess. It’s motivated by sheer greed and designed to squeeze consumers until the pips squeak. Textbook stuff: an insurance sector pricing motorists out of the market and therefore reducing the size of its customer base. Firms are allowing once-loyal, lucrative clients to walk away and possibly never return. How dumb is that?

And how ironic that the unfit-for-purpose insurance industry now needs to seriously consider insuring itself – against the inevitable loss of countless customers, a reduction in the number of policies sold and, in turn, possible lost profits of millions of pounds.

Think I’m exaggerating? In a period of just 12 inflation-shattering months, quoted motor insurance premiums have risen by an average 61 per cent, with drivers in London paying 69.5 per cent more, those in the West Midlands suffering a 64.4 per cent hike, and South Easterners enduring a 64.2 per cent leap. At the same time wage rises – for the lucky ones that got them – were nearer six per cent! You do the maths.

Meanwhile, one of Britain’s best-known and most-respected national broadsheets reports that some Range Rovers have become “virtually impossible” to insure in certain parts of London. The paper reckons a typical 35-year-old female resident with six years’ driving experience is now being asked to pay £22,515 for annual cover. Worst value for money in modern motoring history? Probably.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roy troman said:

I have had my NX renewall come through and its doubled. I then went to Aviva to get a quote on;y to find it declined without any expalnation other than my NX350h will not be insured by Aviva.

I didn’t have problems with quotes being declined last October, but I’m paying an awful lot to insure my NX 450h+. I have however re-run my quote and only 12 insurers are willing to quote… which is rather worrying, and suggests there may be an issue… 

• Sad 1

I am with NFU. My renewal was at end of September and actually went down from previous year.  On line checks showed most insurance companies quoting over £1k. I paid a lot less than that.

• Like 1

Aviva is my insurer (NX450h) and have to date been quite competitive. Due to renew in just over 3 months time so will let everyone know if they are (a)willing to continue and if so (b) what the inevitable increase is. 

12 hours ago, roy troman said:

Aviva and Direct Line declined to quote me without explanation too. I have max no claims and zero incidents. I'm currently with LV and it looks like I'll be facing something like a 70% increase when I have to renew in a few months. My postcode is not in a high risk area either.  

from Aviva

• Sad 1

IsF refused - not electric, not high risk, low miles usage, clean record, no problem with me they said. The reason: It's a Lexus!

• Sad 1

My renewal is due in early March and I'm already dreading what the price will be... 

When I got it in September I think I was charged something along the lines of £20 more than the UX on my existing cover... If I can 'get away' with a smallish increase I'll just take it. Obviously if it's a double-digit percentage increase, I will certainly be shopping around. I think we've all been reading some of the horror stories out there. 

From my experience, Direct Line isn't the company they used to be. They used to be my 'go to' insurer some 10-15 years ago, but despite no changes in my circumstances and full no claims, they started quoting silly money when it come to renewal time. It always used to involve a phone call to bring it back down again. One year they tried to almost double my premium (it was about £8 short of actually being double) and that's when I decided enough was enough. I've actively avoided them for several years now. In more recent years, they've been pulling the same stint with my father who's now also moved elsewhere. He'd been with them for many years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gary H said:

My renewal is due in early March and I'm already dreading what the price will be... 

When I got it in September I think I was charged something along the lines of £20 more than the UX on my existing cover... If I can 'get away' with a smallish increase I'll just take it. Obviously if it's a double-digit percentage increase, I will certainly be shopping around. I think we've all been reading some of the horror stories out there. 

From my experience, Direct Line isn't the company they used to be. They used to be my 'go to' insurer some 10-15 years ago, but despite no changes in my circumstances and full no claims, they started quoting silly money when it come to renewal time. It always used to involve a phone call to bring it back down again. One year they tried to almost double my premium (it was about £8 short of actually being double) and that's when I decided enough was enough. I've actively avoided them for several years now. In more recent years, they've been pulling the same stint with my father who's now also moved elsewhere. He'd been with them for many years. 

Please let us know how you get on with the renewal.

Same issue with Aviva back in September last year. They sent me a renewal reminder, and  then couldn't quote.
I went to the AA, no hassle and cheaper.
Eventually Aviva came back to me with a quote all too late and 3x my previous year's price.

3 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

Same issue with Aviva back in September last year. They sent me a renewal reminder, and  then couldn't quote.
I went to the AA, no hassle and cheaper.
Eventually Aviva came back to me with a quote all too late and 3x my previous year's price.

The only consolation is that you can tell them to get lost. Really stupid aren't they.

My consolation, like yours,  is that instead of paying the inflated price they actually got nothing at all.

Having just seen this post I've checked on my possible NX450h renewal and the cheapest quite is £240 higher than what I paid 11 months back - no claims, no convictions. Ridiculous.

Having just sold the wife's Mini Countryman PHEV for a surprisingly low amount due to what we were told are 'industry concerns about batteries' I'm beginning to wonder if the whole electric\PHEV industry is turning out to be an expensive disaster for the consumer.

I'm beginning to wish I'd ignored all of the green\electric crap and gone for the M340 xDrive which was my original plan.

Changed my car in September from a Honda HRV to my current car now Lexus NX350H no change in cost when I changed over £275. Insurance is due in February and just waiting on Aviva to come with a renewal price. 
checked on compare the market and cheapest was £404. 

22 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

I'm beginning to wish I'd ignored all of the green\electric crap and gone for the M340 xDrive which was my original plan

Would have been a good choice - always go with your gut feeling or first idea - someone once said.

8 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

cheapest was £404. 

That's not bad, but don't be surprised if they missed out a 0 by mistake    £ 4040 please. Thanks🤠

Similar experience when using Aviva today as unable to retrieve the quote online, without an explanation which I was initially concerned about. i called to question why and was subsequently told that the car (es300h) was the issue, unable to offer this model at this time. I have the option of renewing with an existing provider so have contacted and been able to get some additional discount for being a customer for 4+ years. (admiral).

13 hours ago, CJMC said:

Similar experience when using Aviva today as unable to retrieve the quote online, without an explanation which I was initially concerned about. i called to question why and was subsequently told that the car (es300h) was the issue, unable to offer this model at this time. I have the option of renewing with an existing provider so have contacted and been able to get some additional discount for being a customer for 4+ years. (admiral).

The car is obviously the issue but I assume they failed to detail why? I'd guess that it's linked to either security or Battery technology or possibly even both.

Just had me email this morning for my renewal. 
last year £275 (Honda HRV- Lexus NX350H, changed in September 2023). 
renewal for this year £340. Not as bad as I expected. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:04 PM, Hayzee said:

Aviva and Direct Line declined to quote me without explanation too. I have max no claims and zero incidents. I'm currently with LV and it looks like I'll be facing something like a 70% increase when I have to renew in a few months. My postcode is not in a high risk area either.  

from Aviva

An RX450h owner on their forum just received this email from LV instead of his renewal quote :

"Over the past year, there’s been a rise in thefts of the LEXUS RX 450H F SPORT AUTO. As a result, we’ve seen a large increase in the number and cost of claims we’ve received for these types of vehicles and have made the difficult decision to stop insuring them."

Maybe that's why Aviva and DL wouldn't quote for my NX although still renewing existing policy holders?

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links