Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So my son borrowed The Golden Goddess an used it for a trip to Abu Dhabi.

On the way back he found an almost identical car and took a picture. 

Can you spot the difference and what the heck is it?

received_324980893853046.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruisermark said:

The one on the left has no rear view mirror and ha the extra hole in the bumper.

Good eyes Sir. I hadn't noticed the missing mirror. That hole though, what is it? I did have a chat with a chap who offered to buy my car a few weeks ago ( not even from my cold dead hands!) and he mods 400s, gets another 50 bhp. Didnt ask how, but probably new CAI, exhaust etc. But now I wonder if it's a small supercharger and could that be a ram air channel?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

The hole (radar cruise control?) and the leather vs wood steering wheel.

Good spot on the steering wheel. Hmm I like your idea about radar. I had heard later 430s had it. Dont remeber a factory option for this, could it be aftermarket?

• Like 2

That hole isn't anywhere near big enough for RamAir for a 4 litre engine. 🤣

We discussed this already back in 2019.

Personally, I think it was the optional Laser Cruise Control sensor as the hole is in the same position on the early LS430s with Laser Cruise.

From the LS Wikipedia page(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LS):
"In August 1997, the first production laser adaptive cruise control on a Toyota vehicle was introduced on the Celsior version (Japan only).[83][84] It controlled speed only through throttle control and downshifting, but did not apply the brakes.[85] Because of laser technology limitations, it deactivated in bad weather."

Also looks like the one on the left has larger sun visor shading.

I guess these cars go for ever in Dubai, as less rain and mud to allwo the tin mice to get their teeth into the arches etc.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:12 PM, Cotswold Pete said:

Also looks like the one on the left has larger sun visor shading.

I guess these cars go for ever in Dubai, as less rain and mud to allwo the tin mice to get their teeth into the arches etc.

Haha "tin mice" made me laugh. Yep there is no danger if a leaky boot over here, there is little rust but all the rubber mounts etc detriorate in the summer heat. I also had a "GCC" spec condenser and radiator fitted. Most of the car washers over here use a duster and call it a "water less car wash"🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links