Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear trailing arm bush tool needed

I'm going for a compromise solution, buying the genuine arms but getting the local garage to fit them. I plan on keeping it for a few years to come and it's my main car for work, long journeys, going to France etc.

I'll try and get a photo before they come off, the current bushes are starting to crack - it's particularly evident on the outside of each bush.

I would simply emphasise that the Amayama parts I ordered and had fitted by my Indy are actually proper Toyota Lexus genuine parts 

Malc 

Maybe the US being a much larger market with vehicles covering greater mileages, there is a bigger turn over of spares8.  Regardless, whether it's cars, car parts or electronic items of various sorts, invariably item for item it's more expensive in the UK than for the same item in the US.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:42 PM, welland said:

What is the attraction of buying these parts from Rock Auto in US? Is it that they are cheaper that compatible components that are available at UK parts factors? Or is it that they are only available in the UK from Lexus dealers (at much higher prices)?

To give you an idea, I phoned Lexus to get a price for a pair of upper control arms, over £1,100. The pair from Rock were (and these weren't their cheapest) less than £100 including taxes and delivery for the pair. Regardless of what others might say, I knew when the parts arrived they were excellent quality, and three years on still fine. The parts not to buy from Rock are heavy items like brake discs because shipping goes by weight.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm going for a compromise solution, buying the genuine arms but getting the local garage to fit them. I plan on keeping it for a few years to come and it's my main car for work, long journeys, going to France etc.

I'll try and get a photo before they come off, the current bushes are starting to crack - it's particularly evident on the outside of each bush.

Mine were completely cracked and starting to split but they were cracked for 3 years so I would say Lexus telling me to change them for previous 2 years was premature. But when they were changed over it was a different vehicle. If it didn’t need a lot more work I would have kept it. Sorry day that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links