Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Multimedia Update

Mincey

Has anyone else been prompted to install a multimedia update? I've cancelled it twice now as it reckons it'll take 30 minutes.

12 hours ago, Mincey said:

Has anyone else been prompted to install a multimedia update? I've cancelled it twice now as it reckons it'll take 30 minutes.

Hi James,

I'm assuming that your ES has the new Lexus Interface multimedia system. If so then I would take a look at the "Software update" thread on the NX forum first before deciding whether to do the update. There have been issues for some owners post-update.

• Thanks 1

I have real problems after the update. I allowed it to update while I was on a journey away from home. I'm now away from home, but it's deleted my home address. How am I going to find my way home?

• Haha 3

On 2/29/2024 at 9:52 AM, macdoir said:

If you do it then the car location is not shown in the App, nor is the journey history. Needs fixing asap @lexus

Yes I did the update and now have the same. Complained to Lexus and they say the app team can't answer the phone as they have done an update and it clearly has buggered everything up. 

• Like 1

Found out by accident today, if you don't connect your phone via Bluetooth then the location and journey information is displayed as before. Looks like they did not fully test release with how drivers use their infotainment systems, sloppy work.

Not sure if it works with USB connection, I need to find a cable and try.

I went through all the settings on mine on Saturday, and put them back to how i thought they should be. The car sent its status to my phone that afternoon, so I thought it had worked. I used the car again yesterday (as you do), and the status is still showing dated Saturday, and the trips from last week are still not showing. The map display also doesn't look as clear, although i wouldn't like to say exactly what is different about it. I'm not particularly interested in whether my car was locked last Saturday - how about today?

Mine has not been showing any trips since Feb 14th. Not showing on their website either. They have really broken it this time. Why must these Lexus app geeks fiddle with something that was working.

Mine is also telling me to update and saying it may take 30 mins and so I have not installed yet. Glad I have now read this and will await the next service and see if the dealer can sort it out.

It also has gone back to telling me that I am not logged in - after it has welcomed me!

Frustrating.

• Like 1

My ES has started to report trips again, I did a factory reset on the Multimedia Unit which seamed to fix the missing trips. Still get the prompts to accept terms now and again but not every time. 

On 3/11/2024 at 9:26 AM, macdoir said:

I did a factory reset on the Multimedia Unit 

Not tried that. I will have to give it a go as I still see no trips since 14th Feb.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:26 AM, macdoir said:

My ES has started to report trips again, I did a factory reset on the Multimedia Unit which seamed to fix the missing trips. Still get the prompts to accept terms now and again but not every time. 

Did a complete reset and kept getting the T&C's coming up. What you have to do to stop it is after agreeing you have go back to the screen and reconnect to your account again and then it will go away. Even though you have connected the first time to the account it has to be done again after agreeing the T&C's . Not seen if it records the trips yet as been nowhere. What a bloody nightmare this is. Never had this trouble with car apps before. 

On 3/13/2024 at 7:20 PM, Steven C said:

Did a complete reset and kept getting the T&C's coming up. What you have to do to stop it is after agreeing you have go back to the screen and reconnect to your account again and then it will go away. Even though you have connected the first time to the account it has to be done again after agreeing the T&C's . Not seen if it records the trips yet as been nowhere. What a bloody nightmare this is. Never had this trouble with car apps before. 

I am experiencing the same problem. What do you mean by connecting to the account? How to do? Tnx.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:20 PM, Steven C said:

I am experiencing the same problem. What do you mean by connecting to the account? How to do? Tnx.

It's too complicated to explain on here and if you are not in the UK I'm not sure if it's the same way in another country. But you could try following these details from Lexus. https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/dam/lexus/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/about-your-lexus/lexus-link/pdfs/Activation-Guide-MM21-Lexus-Link-Pro.pdf

I emailed Customer Services over a week ago, asking for advice on how to elimate the need to adjust the data settings every time I started the car. I'm still waiting for a reply. Whatever happened to Lexus' reputation for customer service?

Omotenashi - In other words, the most abiding impression is likely to come from the way a customer is made to feel rather than a knowledge of the level of features on offer.

Since the update, my route guidance seems a little peculiar. It was taking me out of London on a major A road, but as I approached an underpass, the guidance told me to leave the main road and go to the roundabout above the underpass, take the second exit at the roundabout, and rejoin the same major A road. I don't think any of the options in the route selection menu would make it do that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links