Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye NX450h+ and hello RX450h+

Possibly my last post on this section of the LOC. Have decided to change my NX 450h+ for a RX 450h+ which arrived at the dealership yesterday. Wasn't really planning to change until the NX was 3 years old however a couple of hours in the showroom and a test drive won me over and I will take delivery of what will be my third new Lexus in 6 years. Hope that it is every bit as good as the previous NX's!

As always Lexus Edinburgh and in particular Stuart Wilson have been a delight to deal with every step of the way.

• Like 5

I hope you will keep an eye on us over here in NX world, you have been a great contributor since I've been a member of LOC. Big smile for you on your decision; I'm sure you'll be just as happy, if not happier, with your RX as with the great NX (but probably just as frustrated with the app! 😉 ). How long are you expecting delivery to take? What was it about the RX that convinced you to change?

• Like 3

Good luck with your new RX 😀

I would be interested to know how you think they compare.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, I  have been thinking along similar lines.

Would it be impertinent to  ask what sort of deal did you get and the colour combination you are getting? 

And later on , your opinion on the new RX?

Mine is a 450h premium plus with approx 12000 Miles sonic gray with Hazel leather, thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Welcome to the RX450h+ Club.  I've certainly been happy with mine and fortunately 🤞 I've never had any problems with the app.  😃 Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

I knew you couldn’t resist and I don’t need to tell you to enjoy your RX450h since I know you will 👍.
One thing I can assure you of is that I still miss our RX450. TBH the drive in the NX450h, as good as it is, is a fair way off the RX. I do regret giving in to the wife and changing to the NX but in the end it made sense, even more so over the past 12 months since she has had to do all of the driving after I had to surrender my license because of a medical condition.

However that now changes, I started being able to drive again this week and after sitting in the RX again today which the dealer was doing a map update on the NX has rekindled my thoughts to change back.

• Like 1

"In general" the "bigger" models are often nicer than the smaller models. Not sure why this should be. Years ago I was very interested in an X5 but just found it too big. The X3 at the time was very dull by comparison. The current X3 is a better car.

I like driving the bigger cars but just find parking them a bit of a nightmare. Parking spaces are often too small. 

• Like 1

All the best Ken. I've enjoyed all your input here on the NX forum. I think we both got our Gen 2 NXs at roughly the same time (and were pretty much the first to do so on the LOC). 

Good luck with the RX - I hope it meets all your expectations and more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I hope you will keep an eye on us over here in NX world, you have been a great contributor since I've been a member of LOC. Big smile for you on your decision; I'm sure you'll be just as happy, if not happier, with your RX as with the great NX (but probably just as frustrated with the app! 😉 ). How long are you expecting delivery to take? What was it about the RX that convinced you to change?

Will certainly keep in touch with the NX forum! Thanks for all your comments over the last couple of years and your analysis on EV range. Delivery scheduled for next week. I attended the Lexus Edinburgh VIP event last month with the possibility of changing to a NX450h+ F-sport however the colour/trim options available didn't suit despite a great offer on a Graphite/Black & white trim combo. I just didn't want another Graphite NX having chosen that for my last two. Was leaving the showroom content in keeping the NX for at least another 6 months but stopped to have a seat the RX on display. Was suitably impressed, got figures compiled and was surprised that the monthly payment was only c£12 more expensive for a RX450h+ Premium Plus with panoramic roof versus the NX450h+ F-Sport with sunroof. Having had the panoramic roof on my first NX300h I was disappointed that it wasn't an option when I ordered my current NX, however if what I read is correct it will soon be offered on the NX.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Congratulations, I  have been thinking along similar lines.

Would it be impertinent to  ask what sort of deal did you get and the colour combination you are getting? 

And later on , your opinion on the new RX?

Mine is a 450h premium plus with approx 12000 Miles sonic gray with Hazel leather, thanks in advance.

My current NX450h+ is a Premium Plus with sunroof finished in Graphite with Hazel interior. It's approaching 19000 miles in 2 years of ownership.

Have opted for the RX450H+ Premium Plus pack with panoramic roof in Sonic Platinum and Ammonite Sand leather. 

Attractive deal was offered including a current manufacturer discount of £4k, dealer support and incentives plus finance at 1.9% APR. 

As I said previously Lexus Edinburgh are superb people to deal with and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Will comment further once I take delivery.

4 hours ago, Xez said:

Welcome to the RX side of LOC. Which trim level have you opted for?

The Premium Plus pack with panoramic roof.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scotlex said:

"In general" the "bigger" models are often nicer than the smaller models. Not sure why this should be. Years ago I was very interested in an X5 but just found it too big. The X3 at the time was very dull by comparison. The current X3 is a better car.

I like driving the bigger cars but just find parking them a bit of a nightmare. Parking spaces are often too small. 

Parking space requirements are a bit of a concern however having test driven the RX and been informed that it's "only a foot longer" than my NX I will report back with further thoughts in due course.

9 hours ago, Ken R said:

Parking space requirements are a bit of a concern however having test driven the RX and been informed that it's "only a foot longer" than my NX I will report back with further thoughts in due course.

I do find with the RX that despite all the cameras and colourful lines parking is still tricky due to its length. There’s a surprising amount of space used at the front end of the car which makes parking in multi story parking spaces interesting. Earlier this week I reversed into a space until the braking warning stopped the car and was told by my wife that the nose was sticking out by about 3 feet (I assumed she meant the car not me!). It was due to the concrete supporting pillars so I moved to a more open part of the car park and just managed to get parked with a minor overhang of the marked space at the front.

Best wishes for enjoying your new RX, I look forward to seeing your future posts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ken R said:

It's actually 9inc longer and a shade over 2inc wider.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ken R said:

My current NX450h+ is a Premium Plus with sunroof finished in Graphite with Hazel interior. It's approaching 19000 miles in 2 years of ownership.

Have opted for the RX450H+ Premium Plus pack with panoramic roof in Sonic Platinum and Ammonite Sand leather. 

Attractive deal was offered including a current manufacturer discount of £4k, dealer support and incentives plus finance at 1.9% APR. 

As I said previously Lexus Edinburgh are superb people to deal with and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Will comment further once I take delivery.

Good part exchange allowance? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links