Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Like many other drivers of a certain age I find headlights a bit bright.

I use yellow clip on filter lens that helps a lot.

My question is years ago the m.o.t. used a machine to check the level and spread of headlights if it was incorrect you could adjust them,is this still part of the test I don't think you can adjust lights anymore.

Yes headlight alignment is still an MOT test criteria.

Most are self-leveling these days for HID's and LED's so it's often the level sensor mechanism that has failed.

• Like 1

Most headlights from factory are lower than the MOT standards and sensor failure for self levelling is actually quite rare

It may be worth getting checked for cataracts as that tends to cause excessive glare

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

L

It may be worth getting checked for cataracts as that tends to cause excessive glare

Definitely agree on the eye examination.Catatacts sometimes develop fairly slowly,so you may not notice your vision worsening.Once treated(outpatients for an afternoon)anda few days recovery you are as good as new.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response.i have an eye test regularly so cataracts is not a problem.

I know the operation is quick and painless ,my wife has had hers done a couple of years ago.. only problem is that she's able to see things like dust or the weeds I missed in the garden 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lest we forget that newer car headlamp bulb brightness is far far whiter  brighter than the new bulb yellowish brightness of more elderly cars …… and they’re all MOT ok I’m sure 

night driving I’m quite ok with the eyes easily adjusting to the old fashioned yellowish headlamps ok   It’s the like dazzling Main Beam of the new white headlamps that’s to my mind unnecessarily penetrating  and I think possibly quite dangerous, MOT approved or not ! 

Malc 

• Like 1

On a related topic I have found the auto high beam facility too slow to react and dip when driving at night through winding rural roads here in Wiltshire.  Oncoming cars flash their lights at me.  

18 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Some cycle LED lights are incredibly bright and dazzling.

... and flashing. Hate them.

Other cyclists have NO lights.

Good stable lights front and back are best I reckon on a bike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links