Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash scuff, NX300h. How to remove please

Hi all, any advice please for removing or concealing a scuff on the dash. This is the soft touch plastic, with a matt finish, and this has polished up. Looks worse in the pic than in reality, have to catch the right angle and light to see it. I wiped over the whole dash area with Dr Leather on a micro fibre cloth. No other marks from doing this, so either it was already there, or there was a small particle on the dash that got pulled across it. Thanks

IMG_6674_Original.jpeg

Initially I’d wipe it with a damp cloth and let it dry just to establish that the mark is on the dash material and not ‘within’ a previous surface product finish.

If it is ‘in’ the dashboard plastic (which seems most likely but you may be lucky!) I’d say pretty much any matt finish plastic / rubber product. My personal favourite is Poorboys rubber and plastic but there are loads that do much the same job.

Good luck!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

That dash is leather, not plastic.

I think you are mistaken...it is almost certainly a man made material,albeit with a leather look-alike grain.I would suspect the nearest it has been to a cow is the last time it went past a MacDonalds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 11:50 AM, DavidCM said:

I think you are mistaken...it is almost certainly a man made material,albeit with a leather look-alike grain.I would suspect the nearest it has been to a cow is the last time it went past a MacDonalds.

Nearly Fell Of My Chair Laughing at That One David..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Nearly Fell Of My Chair Laughing at That One David..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......but was it a leather chair or plastic?

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links