Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeping on locking ?

Hi folks, I have a NX350h that occasionally (est. 1 in 3) gives 3 beeps on locking the car, there are no doors or windows left open, I don't think it is linked to the 'check back seats' feature, so I'm stumped as there is nothing that I can find in the handbook regarding this.

I think the 2nd Gen NXs have to beep at least 30 times per drive, so if they haven't all been used up during normal driving conditions, any excess beeps are discharged once the journey has finished. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SureShot said:

Hi folks, I have a NX350h that occasionally (est. 1 in 3) gives 3 beeps on locking the car, there are no doors or windows left open, I don't think it is linked to the 'check back seats' feature, so I'm stumped as there is nothing that I can find in the handbook regarding this.

4 beeps is the “check back seats” I think. I find that happens if a rear door has been opened during the journey, but not just before you lock the car at your final destination. Never had 3 beeps to my knowledge - sorry!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SureShot said:

If you have opened back doors at some stage it will warn you by beeping to remind you check you have not left something behind on ghe back seat such as your child 😂.

it can be turned off in the car settings sections.

14 hours ago, Alistair M said:

I think the 2nd Gen NXs have to beep at least 30 times per drive, so if they haven't all been used up during normal driving conditions, any excess beeps are discharged once the journey has finished. 

I agree with this 😅. Even when driving I get various "alerts" that confuse me 😅

Thanks all for the replies, I'll turn off the 'reat seat check' feature and see what changes, although this week I have had a variety of beeps from a solitary one to many - it's like an attention seeking puppy!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SureShot said:

Thanks all for the replies, I'll turn off the 'reat seat check' feature and see what changes, although this week I have had a variety of beeps from a solitary one to many - it's like an attention seeking puppy!

I know exactly what you mean.... ( guess owning a Staffordshire Bullterrier makes me almost immune to thoose beeps...)

20230822_162415.jpg

On 4/7/2024 at 7:55 PM, SureShot said:

I have the same, occasionally. I've put it down to a very sensitive weighting detection on the back seat, but since it is not always possible to read the dash from outside of the car in certain conditions - or it disappears before I can read it - it is very hard to determine. I guess I am also stumped, but train myself to walk away when it happens. Not easy!

Occasionally I get eight consecutive beeps when I lock my car - which if I'm in a car park or similar has caused other people to look around, which is a bit embarrassing. There's no rhyme or reason to when it does it - probably once every seven or eight times I get out the car and lock it. 

I believe it's something to do with having to check what's on the back seat (I'll stand corrected on that if anyone knows differently), but literally the only thing that's on it is a neatly folded up picnic rug! 

Speaking of which, I always get a 'check back seat' warning message that comes up in my speedo when I turn the car off. I'd understand this if there was something lying on the back seat or there were passengers there but again - five out of the seven days of the week there's nothing there barring the picnic rug! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links