Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E5 petrol prices 🤔

Where are we now with our E5 needs ?

Just popped in £110 or so at my local’ish Tescos at 154.9p 

when I’m passing next week with the Mk1 I’ll fill her up too of course 👍

Malc 

tesco's here is about 1.46 for E10 and 1.54 for momentum.   The last 150 miles just cost me £35  (momentum) .😒 The isF and bike only get V-power so it is much more expensive, however, the bike does 55mpg even though it is 1900cc.😉

Since the Israel/Iran fracas looked like kicking off there was a spike in Crude Oil prices. The profiteering b@stards at all of the petrol refineries and stations IMMEDIATELY raised their prices, even though it takes weeks for the oil itself to filter through the system. Then the "crisis" evaporated fairly quickly but of course the profiteering b@stards have yet to reduce the prices at the pump. Since we have an ineffective, spineless, pro-profiteering government I don't see any of that changing any time soon either. :mad2:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Since the Israel/Iran fracas looked like kicking off there was a spike in Crude Oil prices. The profiteering b@stards at all of the petrol refineries and stations IMMEDIATELY raised their prices, even though it takes weeks for the oil itself to filter through the system. Then the "crisis" evaporated fairly quickly but of course the profiteering b@stards have yet to reduce the prices at the pump. Since we have an ineffective, spineless, pro-profiteering government I don't see any of that changing any time soon either. :mad2:

I remember in 2022 the price of fuel also spiked to all time highs, I remember reading something like 0.5% or less of the UKs oil / fuel comes from anywhere near Russia! They raised the prices just because the headlines looked like they justified it... b@stards indeed. 

Although I must say, even a change of government here in the UK won't make much difference. Unless they drastically cut the high taxes they put on fuel sales. But then again, if Labour got in tomorrow, they'd need to up said taxes to build all those miracle schools, hospitals and George Floyd statues they promise. So either way, the tax payer loses. The green advocates are also pressuring the governments into increased taxes and charges on oil products, which, annoyingly, the government is all too keen to do. Although the rich will still pay the obscene prices to fill up their Lambo's and pay the ULEZ charges without knowing how much it costs... and us poor will still have to take the kids to school and drive to work, sacrificing other life expenses just to be able to do it... and yet, the planet still suffers, right? ...  Money is a weird one. 

In my local area... I'm one pending cycle lane (probably never to be built) away from scrapping car ownership altogether. Fuel prices... insurance rises... forced EV adoption around the corner.  Part of me wonders, is that what the elite want us normies to do? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CT200NI said:

Part of me wonders, is that what the elite want us normies to do? 

well I for one would wish for Tesco to " give back " some of it's enormous profits this last season ( £ 2.5bn ? is it ) give some more of it back to it's customers rather than simply to its shareholders / investors

these obscene profits have been made off the backs of us customers who in some measure have been ripped off by Tesco excessive fuel pricing I'm sure 

My Tesco is still some of the best value fuel around BUT that doesn't mean to say that they are being at all FAIR to us customers with their excessive pricing

Malc

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

well I for one would wish for Tesco to " give back " some of it's enormous profits this last season ( £ 2.5bn ? is it ) give some more of it back to it's customers rather than simply to its shareholders / investors

these obscene profits have been made off the backs of us customers who in some measure have been ripped off by Tesco excessive fuel pricing I'm sure 

My Tesco is still some of the best value fuel around BUT that doesn't mean to say that they are being at all FAIR to us customers with their excessive pricing

Malc

Supermarkets don’t have a very big margin on most of their products to keep prices low and compete with the other supermarkets all trying to undercut each other. 

Supermarket fuel is just the same, if not way more competitive. I’ve read that at times they’ll even sell it at a slight loss to maintain the cheapest price in the area. 

Most of the fuel pricing in the UK is so high because of government taxes. 

apart from all that though, why should Tesco give any money to any of us? Shareholders and investors took a gamble with putting their cash into it - and it equally could have backfired on them. Profit isn’t a bad thing, it’s the incentive that drives our society. If someone’s making a lot of it, more power to them. We aren’t really entitled to it by default. 

I understand your sentiment, if they’re being unfair or harming people to make said profit, then sure, it’s wrong and they should seek to make profit fairly / respectfully. But just because Tesco is as financially successful as it is, and fuel is (as always) a rip off, doesn’t correlate to being entitled to its profit. Or expecting it to sell fuel at a loss for us (although I’d be quite sure they do / have done so a lot at times).

Hope it makes sense. It’s just what I think. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

makes sense of course BUT I could do with some of that profit in reduced prices at the pump

They're making too much profit at our expense 

Malc

30 minutes ago, CT200NI said:

Supermarket fuel is just the same, if not way more competitive. I’ve read that at times they’ll even sell it at a slight loss to maintain the cheapest price in the area. 
Profit isn’t a bad thing, it’s the incentive that drives our society. If someone’s making a lot of it, more power to them. 

The brothers that purchased Asda, raised the price of fuel at the forecourts to collect cash to pay for the purchase of the company. Asda went from being competitive on fuel to being a high cost provider.

Excess profit made at the cost of society developing and causing damage is wrong and should be controlled. Fair profit okay, but as we know many organisations seem unable to control themselves and act in a civic minded manner.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Asda went from being competitive on fuel to being a high cost provider.

I don’t know about you, but if my local Asda (or any supermarket) cost as much as Shell or BP, I’d go to Shell or BP. the supermarkets would be at a loss because of their own doing.

The only signals we can send to these retailers is our choice to not shop there. Sure, they can afford for me to go elsewhere. But collectively we do have an impact and whether they like it or not, they have to respond by making a change somewhere - equally, their financiers, the taxman and people who keep their lights on won’t accept their pleas when they can’t pay the bill either 

1 minute ago, CT200NI said:

The only signals we can send to these retailers is our choice to not shop there. Sure, they can afford for me to go elsewhere. But collectively we do have an impact and whether they like it or not, they have to respond by making a change somewhere 

Which I have done, now Tesco have become the best price in my area, they get my business and I get club card points as well, bonus!

The Asda station was always busy, now usually empty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Same price as at my local Tesco.

Which is busy pretty much all day and you usually have a wait to fill up.

Cheapeest is £1.52 for E5 at Tescos near me - sometimes more...! 

22 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Cheapeest is £1.52 for E5 at Tescos near me - sometimes more...!

There might be trouble brewing in the middle east - great news, put the price up and make more dosh!  Yeah!!!😄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links