Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My IS came with a tow bar fitted when I bought it. I must admit that it didn't look right, even without reading p165 of the manual (didn't realise that men read manuals 😄).

Anyway, I was never going to use the thing so took the whole assembly off and sold it.  On here actually.

That was a while ago so sorry Alan, no good to you now. I believe it was a Witter if that's any help 🤔.

Ref the reading of manuals…. I got chastised for recommending owners read the manual when they have got a query/problem but if you look in the ‘F’ section of this forum a RCF owner comes along asking with an ‘Engine oil is Low” warning on dash what does that mean, and this is the second time it came up, just ignored it the first time🙄go figure😩

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Ref the reading of manuals…. I got chastised for recommending owners read the manual when they have got a query/problem but if you look in the ‘F’ section of this forum a RCF owner comes along asking with an ‘Engine oil is Low” warning on dash what does that mean, and this is the second time it came up, just ignored it the first time🙄go figure😩

My comment about manuals was, as indicated, in jest.

But if being serious then there does exist such a thing as 'common sense' ... unbeknown to many but appreciated by some 😉 .

Apparently there is no such thing as common sense as you cannot assume someone’s skill set is the same as yours.🙄

On 5/1/2024 at 5:26 PM, Texas said:

Page 165 of the Manual, just saying!!

IMG_8625.png

There is no mention of this in my owners manual? On page 165 or anywhere else?? But on page 382 is states, "Towing capacity with brake 1500kg without 560kg." It also says 1500 on the log book?? Witter makes a tow bar for the IS250 2007. Guy coming on the 15th to supply and fit, inc electrics foe £460. All I will be towing is a small camping trailer so it should be fine?? 

On 5/2/2024 at 5:40 PM, Zuke said:

There is no mention of this in my owners manual? On page 165 or anywhere else?? But on page 382 is states, "Towing capacity with brake 1500kg without 560kg." It also says 1500 on the log book?? Witter makes a tow bar for the IS250 2007. Guy coming on the 15th to supply and fit, inc electrics foe £460. All I will be towing is a small camping trailer so it should be fine?? 

You just made me check my logbook and go "Hmph"  

It does indeed say under vehicle details O.1 1500kg braked and O.2 560kg unbraked.  

The problem with this is the MAM is 2055kg while the Kerb weight is 1710kg so surely adding a trailer+load of 1500kg goes way above the MAM unless MAM is for the car itself and i can still add 1500kg bringing the complete combined weight of car+trailer+load to 3555kg. I assume this is the case.

maybe, but I wouldn't use the IS250 to pull a caravan myself, I consider it to be under powered, albeit the paddle shift would help I imagine?

But for what I want, which is towing a small camping trailer, it will do just fine.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links