Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New (to me) CT200H - Let the fettle begin!

Hello all and I hope your Lexi are doing well. Recently bought a new Lexus ct200h for the wife and have driven it on its first commute already: 250 miles to Portsmouth.

Now,  I'm a firm believer in selling a car in a better condition than how you bought it. Not sure if it always works out in reality, but one can try. Here's the new steed (can we use that term here!!) and whay might want doing/renewing.

Oh, and I asked Dave at Lex Tec how much it would cost to keep the oil/filter services going so I can maintain a fuller service history as I can afford. £50 for oil/filter seems spot on so I may take that option to keep some FSH stamps going!! We'll see..

Screenshot_20240507_143037_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.35ba1501ae6ae55fb65bc4a8fb32aef9.jpg

In no particular order...

1. Air con, needs regassing. Got it booked in at Kwik Fit for Monday and it seems a good investment. Cos' Care Care Nut (CCN) mentions how the temp range in the hybrid Battery is so 'finicky'.

2. Wiper arms are a bit corroded. So at some point they'll need addressing with new uns and labour from a mech to get em slotted. Tried that on a Primera years ago and gave up.

3. Off side wing mirror has a little crack. Still works but could do with another shiny one.

4. Headlights look a little dull. My mate in Huddersfield who loves a bit of restoration of HLs will need to get booked in. Probably cost about £20 to £30 and outside the doorstep. Must remember to tell him to bring some 3M sealer and that I'll pay the extra!!

5. Learn how to do the filters. Especially cleaning the hybrid Battery filter as CCN asserts how critical this service is to keep the life of the hybrid Battery going.

6. Dunno... maybe lose the spare tyre/wheel if it has one and replace withtu a tubeless selant bottle from Halfords. I really want to maximise the range so it can pay for itself very soon...

7. Little bit of condensation in the rear light. I'm hoig it's just a vent that's blocked, but we shall see.

8. Add cruise control!!

9. The cat converter. It's a 2011 model so am hoping it's not as valuable. But coudl really do with make it less appealing to theives. Horble things that they are!!

58 minutes ago, Redefined said:

2. Wiper arms are a bit corroded. So at some point they'll need addressing with new uns and labour from a mech to get em slotted. Tried that on a Primera years ago and gave up.

I replaced the arms on my IS and its very easy to DIY. They're only held in place by a single nut, 14mm or thereabouts. It'll be covered by a cap that you have to pry off.

Order the new ones from Amayama. They'll cost 25% of a UK dealer price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

How does it drive compared to an LS430 - just curious

In a word. Annoying (the CT, not the 430). But I have hit close to 60mpg on the way down without trying too hard so I'll take the compromise Mark.

It actually feels almost like the Nissan Primera GTLE I used to have years ago. That thing was lovely to drive (and so is this)but the suspension was slightly stiffer. Hopefully I'll try and do a comparison review in YT at some point as they are both lovely things.

Pity about not have soft close doors or cruise control 😆 but I think I'll live.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redefined said:

In a word. Annoying (the CT, not the 430). But I have hit close to 60mpg on the way down without trying too hard so I'll take the compromise Mark.

It actually feels almost like the Nissan Primera GTLE I used to have years ago. That thing was lovely to drive (and so is this)but the suspension was slightly stiffer. Hopefully I'll try and do a comparison review in YT at some point as they are both lovely things.

Pity about not have soft close doors or cruise control 😆 but I think I'll live.

I think thats inline with my expectations 

• Like 1

SE-L comes with cruise control as standard according to Parkers. You sure you got sold SE-L?

Edit: also found an old uk 2011 spec sheet

Screenshot_2024-05-17-21-22-52-596_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

• Like 1

I've done a complete makeover on my wife's 2014 CT which we bought at 4 years old. Full Lexus history and have not had a any issues whatsoever only service item costs needed. If I was to bin it tomorrow it would still be the cheapest car to maintain out of any I have owned. She christened it Top Cat when I bought it, a badge it has worn with pride ever since lol!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 2:20 AM, diabolik said:

SE-L comes with cruise control as standard according to Parkers. You sure you got sold SE-L?

Edit: also found an old uk 2011 spec sheet

Screenshot_2024-05-17-21-22-52-596_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Yes, if you look carefully mine sits right in the middle of the premier and the basic. Zoom in and can be seen that it came without CC 😊

A shame that Lexus didn't include as standard across the range!

@Poundy I've already started contemplating selling the 430 and getting a ct200h for myself. Probably won't happen but at least I've thought over the idea. Actually been looking at the estate corolla hybrids with slightly more power nad newer hybrid tech.

Hope your wifes CT200h takes you both from strength to strength.

For your aircon regas make sure they use the correct oil. Hybrids need a different non conductive oil for the electric compressors. If you contaminate the system with normal PAG oil you will likely have issues down the line.

• Like 1

Oh yes. Had it done at Screwfix Birstall (near Leeds) who have both options of oil). Thankfully mine was the cheaper option (£70) but a pity they don't come with any extended warranty as the system can't pick up slow leaks.

It passed the test for any major leaks and is now nice and cold (though not as cold as the LS430 for some reason which almost feels like a freezer). Got the hybrid Battery filter and spark plugs ordered too so will get them sorted soon enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redefined said:

Oh yes. Had it done at Screwfix Birstall (near Leeds) who have both options of oil). Thankfully mine was the cheaper option (£70) but a pity they don't come with any extended warranty as the system can't pick up slow leaks.

It passed the test for any major leaks and is now nice and cold (though not as cold as the LS430 for some reason which almost feels like a freezer). Got the hybrid battery filter and spark plugs ordered too so will get them sorted soon enough.

The LS430 air con is ice cold - It was 23 degrees outside the other day and I couldn't bare it blowing directly onto me

On 5/22/2024 at 1:59 PM, Redefined said:

@Poundy I've already started contemplating selling the 430 and getting a ct200h for myself. Probably won't happen but at least I've thought over the idea. Actually been looking at the estate corolla hybrids with slightly more power nad newer hybrid tech.

Hope your wifes CT200h takes you both from strength to strength.

My friend has the Corolla estate a 2022 model I have sat in this Car over many miles with him driving but it sure does not have the comfort level of my ct200, he has the 4th generation drive train in his and usually his MPG is sitting around the 54, I do a lot of short town trips in my CT and get just under 40MPG, however I did a long trip to Birmingham and back a few weeks ago setting the cruise at 75MPH it returned 55MPH over the 700mls the first car I ever owned to get above 50,  I guess in real terms and if I had done a brim to brim it would be a couple of miles less than that? anyway over that 700ml journey I found the comfort level of the CT to be superb the seats are near perfect to me perhaps even compares to Volvo seating and I've owned a few of these?

When I bought the CT 3 months ago it is a 2018 model I had the option to get a Corolla Hybrid for the same price which was a year younger at the same mileage, the CT is in insurance group 17e with the Corolla in group 19e this would cost me £60 more to insure, I just had to have the Lexus perhaps one of the smartest small hatches on the road at this time, the Corolla in my opinion is a very ugly car both inside and out, this modern trend to have lots of piano black in the interior does not appeal to me, soundproofing is better on the CT than the Corolla, a couple of years ago I downsized from a Honda Accord Ex (perhaps the best car overall I have even driven) to a Yaris, I lived with this for over a year till it got to the point I would avoid driving it I hated this so much, but now I find the CT to have that same feel as a larger luxury car.

I think it fair to say I am a happy Ct owner 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links