Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air con condenser replacement

With the recent warmer weather Dad turned the dials to cool and...nothing. Was just blowing ambient air. Usual thoughts of needs a regas but was a little annoyed/suspect especially having only bought the car in January. Couple of calls later all booked in with Lexus Edgware Road...

Dad turns up and some checks followed when the Tech comes out and says - needs a new condenser as it's leaking. Grrr. Good news is that it's booked in for next week and will all be covered by the warranty - including the regas :thumbsup:

Anyone else ever had any issues with the UX and the aircon?? Just hope it's "just" the condenser and nothing more serious.

10 hours ago, Normski said:

With the recent warmer weather Dad turned the dials to cool and...nothing. Was just blowing ambient air. Usual thoughts of needs a regas but was a little annoyed/suspect especially having only bought the car in January. Couple of calls later all booked in with Lexus Edgware Road...

Dad turns up and some checks followed when the Tech comes out and says - needs a new condenser as it's leaking. Grrr. Good news is that it's booked in for next week and will all be covered by the warranty - including the regas :thumbsup:

Anyone else ever had any issues with the UX and the aircon?? Just hope it's "just" the condenser and nothing more serious.

I’ve not heard of it being a common problem.   What year and model is it?  They certainly didn’t do a UX in 2009. 

20 hours ago, Normski said:

I suspect it has taken some impact damage from a stone and therefore you are somewhat lucky that it is being covered under warranty. There is certainly no common issue with the UX's AC system.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 1:54 PM, Normski said:

Dad turned the dials to cool and...nothing.

I don't know about other UX's but I certainly don't have any 'dials' to operate the A.C. 

8 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I suspect it has taken some impact damage from a stone and therefore you are somewhat lucky that it is being covered under warranty. There is certainly no common issue with the UX's AC system.

Good point about the possible impact damage. No visible signs on the front. It's booked for this week so fingers crossed all goes ok.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links