Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all, I’m a converted Lexus owner after many years of German car ownership after we bought my wife a 21 plate Yaris, I was so impressed that I thought I would look at the brand as a whole starting with the Corolla, CHR but final going for the Lexus and then getting a LBX Takumi in silver.

I must say I love it it’s miles better than my last car which was a BMW X2, the ride, the fit and finish and the overall quality is very good although my only gripe is the phone charge pad which tends to have moments when or if it will charge my phone, I have an Iphone 14 Pro and wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar sort of issue?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Natman01 said:

Hi all, I’m a converted Lexus owner after many years of German car ownership after we bought my wife a 21 plate Yaris, I was so impressed that I thought I would look at the brand as a whole starting with the Corolla, CHR but final going for the Lexus and then getting a LBX Takumi in silver.

I must say I love it it’s miles better than my last car which was a BMW X2, the ride, the fit and finish and the overall quality is very good although my only gripe is the phone charge pad which tends to have moments when or if it will charge my phone, I have an iPhone 14 Pro and wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar sort of issue?

Hi Nathe, I think the problem there is the Iphone itself. My mrs has a FK Civic with a wireless charging pad, but like you say, it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. However I found that to be because of the raised bit where the camera lenses are on the Iphone. It doesn't lie down flush, so any movement / bump in the road it disconnects due to the contact patch between the phone and the charging pad. I have a 15 Pro Max btw.

• Like 1

I wondered if that might be the case with the camera on the rear as sometimes when I move it slightly it starts to charge, to be honest you would of thought that in this day and age that wouldn’t be an issue. 

14 hours ago, Natman01 said:

I wondered if that might be the case with the camera on the rear as sometimes when I move it slightly it starts to charge, to be honest you would of thought that in this day and age that wouldn’t be an issue. 

It's just two items not being fully compatible by design unfortunately. You might be able to get away with buying a MagSafe Iphone case. You can charge through it, and that should level out the back of the phone, so you won't have that raised step around the camera.

Had my LBX this week and I agree it’s great. No issues with the charger - I’ve an Iphone 15 Pro in the (MagSafe) apple case and it’s fine. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 3:12 PM, Natman01 said:

I must say I love it it’s miles better than my last car which was a BMW X2, the ride, the fit and finish and the overall quality is very good although my only gripe is the phone charge pad which tends to have moments when or if it will charge my phone, I have an iPhone 14 Pro and wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar sort of issue?

Think its a lot to do with the thickness of the phone case that stops it charging Properly

I think I have found the charging pads sweet spot and it works every time for me. When placing the phone in I place so that the little LED just shows and it starts to charge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links