Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS200

I thought I'd add my comments to this long list!

If you get a car thats still under warranty you can get the wheels replaced if they are pitted. I had mine changed at 55K miles.

I only get 24-28mpg, and never over 30. I filled up this morning with Optimax, £49.48 and I have never done over 400 miles on a tank so its not cheap. Servicing is pretty reasonable.

I think the snow button just makes the throttle less responsive, I don't think it does anything to the traction control. I have got stuck in snow a couple of times when lesser front wheel drive cars just drove past!

Well worth getting an SE, have far more toys, nicer trim inside, excellent 240W stereo and the 17inch wheels.

When I first got my car - very slow and 380-400 max to a tank full (circa £44)

Now with 10k miles covered, quite a bit quicker (though I would never call it a quick car - adequate) and I can get over 440 miles to a tank when travelling distance.

Very nice car though - and doesn't attract attention, which makes a nice change for me! :eyes:

I tried the lexus on just a small slope in the snow and it really struggled (rear wheel drive). The snow button seemed to be there just to give me something to do while the car was sliding sideways - it made no difference. But it's a great car and if there's only snow one day a year and like me your off work that day then its not such a problem.

Originally posted by javadude

I tried the lexus on just a small slope in the snow and it really struggled (rear wheel drive). The snow button seemed to be there just to give me something to do while the car was sliding sideways - it made no difference. But it's a great car and if there's only snow one day a year and like me your off work that day then its not such a problem.

In the 2 1/2 years I've owned the car we've only had bad snow once! I didn't have any problems last winter.

I just bought a T reg from the Manchester Dealer. I only found there to be about a £600'ish difference from looking around private sales/independant garages. The service that I have received has more than made up for the extra.

As for the snow button. The book say's it just reduces the amount of power supplied to the rear wheels (under about 6 mph I think) so would only make a difference if your heavy footed or often wear wellies !

Thanks for all the replies guys...

I unfortunatly live up in Yorkshire and when it snows... it SNOWS

Last winter was a nightmare and I managed to put my Scooby sideways through a dry stone wall whilst trying to tiptoe down a very steep hill.

Luckily it went that way, cos the other side was a row of parked cars :o

As you can imagine it was one of those days where you just wished you'd stayed in bed. To top it all off all I got was people saying "I thought these things were supposed to be good in the snow"

£1400 later it was all shiney again :D

Went on a test drive this weekend at Lexus dealer in Leeds and I must say I think I could enjoy the car a lot and I won't miss the attention the Scooby brings.

Mojo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links