Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seen Two Is200 Sport For Sale

Anees

Hi Guys,

As some of you will be aware, I am on the lookout for an IS200 (preferably Sport)

I have come across this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2490431108&rd=1

2000/X Reg IS200 Sport, Sat Nav, 66,000 Miles, in Blue. £9500 BUY IT NOW

I did originally say that I wanted Black, but I have now widened my colour preference to Black, Green, or Blue.

The price seems very good for the milage, but I am concerned about the bad points the seller lists:

i.e:

1.) the wheels are scuffed and pitted

2.) there are a few minor scratches

3.) there is a small hole in the rear bumper

4.) one of the light washers is broke

Are these points serious enough to make the car not worthwhile considering the price?

I know I can get the alloys refurbished, and hopefully cover up the minor scratches, but what really concerns me is the “small hole” in the bumper and the broken headlight washer.

How much approximately would I be looking at to get these repaired?

I won't really be able to get up to Birmingham to see the car until at least Saturday due to work.

I have emailed the seller asking to be provided with more pictures of the bad points discussed, but no reply so far.

Also I have seen a very similar car for £8295 ( X Reg, Blue, Sport, but no Sat Nav) with 89,000 miles on the clock.. One company owner from new. Full Main Dealer Service History. It is in Warrington so I should be able to pop down to have a look on Wednesday after work. The milage is a lot higher then I ideally want, but the savings allow me to spend money on a few nice mods (18” alloys for starters! :) )

How well do Lexus cars run when they get into high milages? How much more expensive is servicing, maintenace etc?

Thanks (sorry for going on a bit!)

Anees

The one in Tipton ..... not full leather seats ( material ), if he bought it 2 months ago and is planning to expand the family he is selling it a bit quick. What service history, accident damage etc. ? It's got satnav which adds about £1k second hand. You must look at it first and try and see why he is selling it.

Thanks for the replys.

The problem is that it is difficult for me to get out to see the one in Birmingham due to work.

Regarding Sat Nav, I would actually rather buy a car without it. Simply because I don't think its worth it when you have to keep replacing the CD/DVD with updated map versions everything year. Apparently they cost £300 - £400 each!

For less then that I currently use my PDA with Tom Tom Naviagator 3, with a Fortuna Clip-on GPS unit that uses Xtarc 2 mode and I get the latest mapping, plus speedcamera warnings and the system can be moved from car to car or setup perimentalty.

Anyway....I digress.

The car in Warrington is as follows:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/dpage...200437160877011

I should hopefully get a chance to pop-in on Wednesday to have a look. From the pictures it looks pretty good.

eBay seller has just got back to me with pictures of the alloys and the hole in the bumper.

The alloys are pitted and marked, but repairable.

I wanted to show the picture of the bumper.

http://anees.urgroup.info/lexus/5.jpg

The damage is very low on the bumper. I was thinking......couldn't this be covered up with a rear bumper skirt?

Regarding Sat Nav, I would actually rather buy a car without it. Simply because I don't think its worth it when you have to keep replacing the CD/DVD with updated map versions everything year. Apparently they cost £300 - £400 each!

Sat Nav on a car that age will add about £500 to the price no more. You don't have to keep updating the disc. A lot of people have 2 or 3 year old discs, roads don't change that often.

The age of vehicle you are looking at will have the CD based Sat Nav so discs are about £150 and if you join the Lexus Owners Club Gold membership you can get 15% off that price.

I wouldn't worry about the alloy condition. All the cars you will look at will probably have poor alloys. £250 will refurb them or buy a set already refurbed on eBay for the same price.

How well do Lexus cars run when they get into high milages? How much more expensive is servicing, maintenace etc?

I ran my IS up to 65k from new in 3 years.

There was no perceptible difference to me between the car @ 10k than @ 60k.

As a plus, there is an expensive service due @ 60k where the plugs are changed, so presumably this has been done.

The next big service is @ 100k when the belts are changed.

I would not consider 65k high mileage on these cars - as long as you can see the service history from a main dealer, at the right intervals

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links