Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Me To Decide!

tm730

:o hi.everyone!!

i am new here, i have owned a bmw 323ci for more than half year,these days,i think to change a is200 , but some thing always make me confuse,

i know if i go for a is200 se, i can get a heated seats(i really like it),may be a sat nav , both of them i have not got in my bmw. bmw is much faster, may be good control feeling.,and more modification i can do,

so sadly, there is no is200 has Xenon light, even in oreder list ,

any one can give me some advice! keep bmw or change to a is200?

i planning to spend 12000 to buy one, what car can i get?

This is a Lexus forum what do you expect us to say.!!!

although you want HID's they come std in a IS300 but you can get aftermarket kits from Prolex-uk,heated seats are STD in a Lex and so are cup holders in the rear(i think you pay extra) in a BMW.

You can make it as quick by buying a supercharger for the Lex.

And buying a Lex means you wont be seeing yourself coming the other way down the road...BMW's are every other car on the road.

Try something exclusive.!!! you wont be that dissapointed.

Hmm, Lexus or BMW, let me think ;)

All the below comes STANDARD on the SE.

# Electric sunroof

# Tilting sunroof

# Sliding sunroof

# Leather seat upholstery

# Audio player includes cassette

# Audio player disc autochanger

# 8 speakers

# Electrically adjustable driver's seat

# Electrically adjustable passenger seat

# Heated driver's seat

# Heated passenger seat

# Remote fuel flap release

# Front seats cup holders

# Rear seats cup holders

It's a LEXUS, and not like every other car on the road which is either a FORD or a BMW, ir's unique, and it's reliable (japanese built)

Now, are you still confused ? :winky:

And buying a Lex means you wont be seeing yourself coming the other way down the road...BMW's are every other car on the road.

its getting that way Pete - the IS (especially 200 saloon), is becoming more and more common.

300's and sportscross are much rarer - can go weeks without seeing one of those

The Limited Edition IS200 came with HID/full leather/different alloys.

But that was only in the last year.

For 12k i dont think these would be in the price bracket just yet.

or go for a IS300, which would give you all the above (cept the dif alloys), but will still cost you a little more.

Or go for the Altezza if you want a little more grunt (but also a lil more insurance)

its getting that way Pete - the IS (especially 200 saloon), is becoming more and more common.

Agreed Mat but i still see only about 3 a week round my way,its only when i venture outside that i see more. :winky:

Hello there

Just my two-pence worth:

My boyfriend has a BMW 325 coupe and I have an IS300, so we are constantly having this 3-series versus IS argument!! The BM has more low speed grunt, but the Lex has better top-range acceleration. I honestly think that the build quality of the IS300 is better than that of the BMW. I agree that there are more and more IS on the road now, but there is a certain satisfaction in driving something that is still relatively unusual. I really love my IS, wouldn't hesitate to recommend one!

What matters most is that you get the right car for you, happy hunting!

All the best

Amanda

Hello there

Just my two-pence worth:

My boyfriend has a BMW 325 coupe and I have an IS300, so we are constantly having this 3-series versus IS argument!! The BM has more low speed grunt, but the Lex has better top-range acceleration. I honestly think that the build quality of the IS300 is better than that of the BMW. I agree that there are more and more IS on the road now, but there is a certain satisfaction in driving something that is still relatively unusual. I really love my IS, wouldn't hesitate to recommend one!

What matters most is that you get the right car for you, happy hunting!

All the best

Amanda

Amanda,

That's more than just two pence , you obviously made the wiser choice ! - You go girl !

:D :driving:

And I thought Miriam was one of the only women out there who could blow her own trumpet :P

I prefer the Lexus, always wanted a BMW or Lexus, and feel like the Lexus just has more character - don't get me wrong, performance wise the top end Beemer's will just blow us away, had some fun earlier with a couple of new 5 series, the 525 wondered how I overtook him and the 545 wondered why I wasn't disappearing as quick as he'd have liked from his rear view mirror :P Still killed me but not as much as I was expecting which I was happy about! A few mates of mine have the 330's which are very nice but feel a little bland, would like to have one on the autobahn though, a mate of mine had an M3 which was great performance wise, but he had a lot of trouble with the car and in the end sold it back to the dealer and bought an S4 instead (incredible car!)

Personally i never like BMW, maybe 6 series, but comparing Lexus IS with BMW 3series, i say with no doubt - beast, am i mean IS:) I enjoy riding it, because in my city there are only 5 IS cars, and it is nice to flash with your lights when You see one, and Beeeemers, there are to many of them to flash:)

Cheers Nation of IS!

2 weeks ago I had the same problem deciding which car to choose!!

After seeing one to many BMW's around I decided on the Lexus. :driving:

I have an IS200 Sport, and I must say that the exclusivity of the car and the fact that you feel special when your behind the wheel pipped it for me!!!

I know I made the right decision but the only one fault if any is that I am a little disapointed with the performance of the car........looks like it may need a supercharger!! :winky:

Be different !!! Buy a Lexus !!

Here's my contribution:-

Used to have a 320d as a company car, great performance but the stereo was crap, seats were horrible, alloys were naff & it just seemed very expensive for the money. I do like the top of the range though, but hey who wants to fork out £40k.

Test drove the IS, cranked up the stereo, loved the toys, creamed my pants when I first heard the 6 cylinders - Bought one in 2003 - say no more!

If it was me, I would go for a second hand IS, and wait for the new model - sometime in the next 2 years we hope!

i can say only one thing-

The fact you are asking yourself if you want a lexus is because you realise that BMW just isnt what it was. if BMW was as good as they say you wouldnt be here asking us. your money would have bought you a new lex.

Well done for opening your mind, you now know what to do.

To coin a phrase "well done for thinking outside of the box!"

now go get that lex and start driving!

i am new here, i have owned a bmw 323ci for more than half year,these days,i think to change a is200 , but some thing always make me confuse,

i know if i go for a is200 se, i can get a heated seats(i really like it),may be a sat nav , both of them i have not got in my bmw. bmw is much faster, may be good control feeling.,and more modification i can do,

so sadly, there is no is200 has xenon light, even in oreder list ,

hi,thanks to every body here. yesteray, one of my friends ask me to suggest a car to him to buy, and i suggest the is200, he was so satisified,

i found a is200 from autotrader at 7900 pounds, we went to see it,

nice, blue, 75000 miles,full histroy,full leater,with electric control and heated seats

.wonderful stereo. and very creative 6 disc cd changer in dashboard, come out one by one,very lovely, rather than a boot cd changer,and electric fold mirror,

i have a test drive, it is a 6 speed manual one, quieter than bmw when drive low speed, but speed up, the wind sound make noise, not as quiet as bmw at high speed. and however, can not match my 323ci's acceleration, overall , i can say that if u got a is200 ,u got every thing, because it was fully equipment,

i like the se or sport model.,!!!!!!!!!

i know if i go for a is200 se, i can get a heated seats(i really like it),may be a sat nav , both of them  i have not got in my bmw. bmw is much faster, may be good control feeling.,and more modification i can do,

so sadly, there is no is200 has xenon light,  even in oreder list ,

hi,thanks to every body here. yesteray, one of my friends ask me to suggest a car to him to buy, and i suggest the is200, he was so satisified,

i found a is200 from autotrader at 7900 pounds, we went to see it,

nice, blue, 75000 miles,full histroy,full leater,with electric control and heated seats

.wonderful stereo. and very creative 6 disc cd changer in dashboard, come out one by one,very lovely, rather than a boot cd changer,and electric fold mirror,

i have a test drive, it is a 6 speed manual one, quieter than bmw when drive low speed, but speed up, the wind sound make noise, not as quiet as bmw at high speed. and however, can not match my 323ci's acceleration, overall , i can say that if u got a is200 ,u got every thing, because it was fully equipment,

i like the se or sport model.,!!!!!!!!!

If you like the SE or sports, well i dont need to say any more you have just said it :P what are you waiting for go get one :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links