Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pictures

sblyth

Originally posted by Claire G

Can't work out how to load an Avatar though? On the profile section it asks for a weblink (or something), I just want to load a gif or jpg file.

Anyway, I'll keep quiet until someone asks that one.

Claire (and others), does your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allow you some free webspace? Most usually allow 10 meg or so. If so, you need to upload the picture you want displayed over there <----- to that webspace (see your ISP help or FAQ's on how to do this), remembering about the size of the file. It needs to be so wide by so high. Then, you enter the URL of that picture/webspace in the Avatar section of your profile. For example:

One of my ISP's is Demon, and they allocate space for me at 'Grangey'. I uploaded my avatar to the that webspace, and so the URL is http://www.grangey.demon.co.uk/lexus/avatar.jpg. Simple! You aren't uploading the picture to LOC website, simply a pointer to it on your own webspace. If you don't follow the above, but have the picture on your OWN machine, then the picture doesn't get displayed when you're not connected.

I hope this helps but, if you want me to do it for you, I will. I need the URL of your webspace (see your ISP), your password and the picture that you want to use. You can always change the password when I've done it for you.

Goes for anyone..............

Paul

thats not always the case paul... alot of ISP's dissallow hotlinking and it becomes confusing for the person who is trying to link.

However the solution to avatars is as follows.

upload your pic to the gallery.. then when you see the thumbnail picture (smallest image) right click on the image and select properties... Then copy and past the image URL then paste it into your profile where it requests the avatar URL.

hope that makes sense because i have just got up :yawn:

Originally posted by Administrator

thats not always the case paul... alot of ISP's dissallow hotlinking and it becomes confusing for the person who is trying to link.

upload your pic to the gallery.. then when you see the thumbnail picture (smallest image) right click on the image and select properties... Then copy and past the image URL then paste it into your profile where it requests the avatar URL.

It should make sense if you've just got up at 25 past 11!! Every little bit helps....... As Hunter said (if you've gotta ask 'whose Hunter', don't bother) - works for me!!

good bloke gord!

that will help big time... may i also state that avatars must be car related and be sensible... it does not include naked ladies on bonnets of cars too....

The most preferable avatar is the picture of your car!

Where's my bed? :yawn: :yawn:

Originally posted by Grangey
Originally posted by Administrator

It should make sense if you've just got up at 25 past 11!! Every little bit helps....... As Hunter said (if you've gotta ask 'whose Hunter', don't bother) - works for me!!

I work late mate ;);););)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links