Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Gunmetal Grey Colour

TheDon

well i have nearly finished my gauge pod that i had at sundays meet.

its looking pretty good and will post pics asap.

i wanna paint it in the same grey colour that surrounds the dash as iwant a factory look to it. can anyone tell me where i can get some and what it is. cheers

35 views and no one can help???

Its gotta be paint as its a one piece plastic dash. someone somewhere must know.

just wanna make the pod look like it came with the car and not like an aftermarket product.

Ive just had a look at my stock, and I have a Metallic Graphite vinyl which, to be truthful, doesnt match exactly, but its not a million miles off, and contrasts well with the painted surface on the dash.

I think the dash paint has a hint of bronze to it, which gives that greenish sort of tint and I think you would be pushed to match it exactly anyway.

If you want a swatch sending of the vinyl, just pm your address and will send you some.

Those "Dent Master" type guys do dash repairs and have the paint mixed to match.

I know of a guy who works for a company called "Flying Colours". He works from a van and comes out to your home or work place, and repairs interiors and resprays them. His main work comes from theft related jobs where some scumbag has damaged the dash with a screwdriver while prizing out the radio. He fills the damaged area and them sprays over it to blend it in.

You could try ringing these guys !

I know of a Flying Colours unit up in Wrexham, they repaired/resparyed my OZ wheels on my Impreza. I had a quote off the Dentmaster lot, they wanted £70 + VAT.. and said they could not match it exactly, as they did not have an exact match in their selection... but it would be ok, because they'd spray a whole area so it wouldn't look so bad! :huh:

quick update on the pod

POD.jpg

its nearly there, primer is on now and am getting ready to spray.

if there is enough interest in other people wanting on like this then i may be prepared to take a mold and make a few, but be quick im impatient

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links