Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Where did you get them from?

Hi colin I actually went to my local Dealers and with discount that is what I paid, the chassis number is important as the other variants are a bit more expensive.

Even with it being a mark 1 shape there are a few different ones to go at.

• 3 months later...

My Series I went in for a service and MOT today and it failed on excessive play in the front offside lower arm ball joint. Lexus said these need to be changed in pairs and it will cost £362.28 all inclusive (I didn't ask about discount). They said the wheels would then need aligning, more money.

This couldn't have come at a worse time. I recently had four new tyres and a full wheel alignment on Monday 21 March, so what a waste of time that was. If I'd have known I wouldn't have bothered with the alignment as it will have to be done again anyway. I may as well have thrown that £70 away. Similar to this:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=10381&hl=ball

I need help.

Can the ball joints be done ourselves, if so can anyone offer any tech advise, links on how to do it etc?

Am I able to buy the front lower arm ball joints cheaper elsewhere?

Eitherway can someone tell me the part numbers for the ball joints and whatever else needs to be replaced at the same time (and part numbers for that).

I hope you can help me.

Thanks for the information.

Lexus quoted me £42.16 plus VAT for each ball joint and said they would qualify for 10% LOC parts discount, so it would be just as easy to order them from there if needs be.

My Dad and I did them both yesterday and my Uncle came to help too.

It failed on the offside, but the nearside didn't have much life left in it either.

One of the offside bolts caused us some problems and the nearside upper castle nut (with the R clip) rounded off, so that delayed things too.

I'd say it took us 4-5 hours including stopping for lunch, tea etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links