Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Diagnostic Fault Codes

BAGGY

hi all i have heard from a reliable source that if you bridge two of the pins on the diagnostic socket the engine light will flash a certain amount of times to reveal fault codes.Count the flashes to find the codes can this be done has anyone done this and if so which two pins. Cheers guys and gals

Not on UK IS200s as the vehicles are fitted with OBD-II diagnostic system. You will find one of the pins you need to short together is not connected on the diagnostic socket.

The JDM Altezza RS200 (don't know about the AS200) can use the method you describe.

Not on UK IS200s as the vehicles are fitted with OBD-II diagnostic system. You will find one of the pins you need to short together is not connected on the diagnostic socket.

The JDM Altezza RS200 (don't know about the AS200) can use the method you describe.

cheers mate do you know of a company that sells fault code readers for uk lexus models.Is there any other diagnostic socket anywhere other than under the bonnet?

there are 2 OBDII sockets on the car, 1 under the bonnet and one at the bottom of the trim panel infront of the drivers legs.

A search online will show up plenty of Available OBDII readers. however you may need the adapter cable to interface the reader with the car

I have this unit which works well, support all the protocol standards, is nice and cheap with the current exchange rate and arrived within a week.

http://www.obddiagnostics.com/

You do need a computer to use it, stand alone units are available but are much more expensive. There are also kits to use with PDAs available.

Part of OBD-II specifications is that a diagnostic socket must be available within 1m of the steering wheel and no screws/bolts need to be removed to gain access. Toyota normally put them very near to the bonnet release.

I have this unit which works well, support all the protocol standards, is nice and cheap with the current exchange rate and arrived within a week.

http://www.obddiagnostics.com/

You do need a computer to use it, stand alone units are available but are much more expensive. There are also kits to use with PDAs available.

Part of OBD-II specifications is that a diagnostic socket must be available within 1m of the steering wheel and no screws/bolts need to be removed to gain access. Toyota normally put them very near to the bonnet release.

cheers to the both of you just found the other socket hiding under the dash will have a good look on the internet :D

• 1 year later...

I've just bought one of these from eBay. Works well, plus being USB2 it frees up the COM port on my laptop so I can connect to my LPG ECU at the same time. Software that comes with it will read fault codes for you.

They do cheaper ones but I decided to shell out the extra €20 and get the 4-in-1 model which covers more cars.

They also do this one which is an 11-in-1 reader that covers the newer CAN protocols as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links