Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Brakes Vs. Is300 Brakes

SpOcK

Does anyone have info on this?

I've let myself to believe, that since year model 2001 the IS200 brakes are the same as IS300's. IS200's before 2001 were with smaller (front) disks.

As I'm now going for forced induction (twin turbo the 1G-FE), I need this info to pass the MOT. Here in Finland we have a regulation that says that one can up the power output +20% at maximum compared to the most powerful engine with-in the same car model line (ie. IS200 and IS300 belong to the same model line, they just have different displacement).

But then one must be able to prove that the car that is to be "tuned", and the car which is to be used as a comparison, have equally efective brakes, etc.

So to be able to use the IS300 as a comparison, I should be able to prove this.

I already asked my dealer to make a comparison of IS200 and IS300 brake part numbers (discs, pads, calipers, etc) whether they match. They didn't match... :huh:

I also called my local Toyota Technical Support Line, and they said that they have made principal desicion ages ago NOT to give any written statements of this kind for the "tuners"... :angry:

But I'm still pretty confident that they should be the same, am I right, or am I right? :duh:

So what am I to do...? :yawn:

They are the same...i sell the same discs to IS200/300 & GS series cars

calipers are the same............is/gs (gs have diff mounting points)

So what I should do, is to get a hold of, let's say, EBC brakes catalog to see whether they list the same parts for both IS200 ja IS300? Right? :unsure:

the problem with a lot of manufacturers is that they list the same items under different identitys

although they may well be the same product , they will list them for what model they decide suits best

a good example of this is toyota paint

they call the same colour different things dependant on country and model

must have at least three different names for my colour :o

the problem with a lot of manufacturers is that they list the same items under different identitys

although they may well be the same product , they will list them for what model they decide suits best

a good example of this is toyota paint

they call the same colour different things dependant on country and model

must have at least three different names for my colour  :o

I specificly asked also this, and the Toyota Technical Support Representative absolutely denied that it's possible that Toyota had two same products (for different cars/models) under two different part numbers.

So if the number is different, the part is also different. At least an eeny-weeny tiny bit.

I specificly asked also this, and the Toyota Technical Support Representative absolutely denied that it's possible that Toyota had two same products (for different cars/models) under two different part numbers.

So if the number is different, the part is also different. At least an eeny-weeny tiny bit.

They are totally wrong ... or unless they mean that the eeny-weeny tiny bit is the partno. :lol:

For instance the US may have different part no compared to Japan for the same part. They do this in order to forecast/manage parts for different markets. Btw also pricing may be different for the same part.

Dave is correct on this ... the front calipers and the pads are the same for IS, GS (1stGen and 2ndGen), Supra NA, Soarer, ...

Ok, roger that, but how will I get a reliable proof about this to satisfy my MOT inspector...??? :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links