Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Cost For Is200

tcooper

I soon to be gettign an is200 in about may june ish time. But not sure if i can afford one, i do about 12'000 miles a year but will be keeping my other car so my lex will be doing alot less. But for petrol and serviceing etc how much would i be looking at a month for doing about 500 miles a month ish?

Tcooper

I get around 28 mpg on average, and thats about 50% town/traffic and 50% dual carriage ways. When you consider that the IS200 is a heavy car and it only has 150 bhp to get it moving, I feel its more than enough mpg!

I suppose it depends on what your used to. Anyone coming from a small 1.0-1.4 for example, then it will obviously use more fuel.

well i look at at it a slightly different way,

the mpg is not bad but not great either somewhere around 28-32 is about average.

but the real saving is in the reliability and quality of the car, in the long term the car is gonna cost you much less than most others because of the lack of replacement parts your gonna need in years to come.

its when your warranty runs out that the real savings will be made on the lexus

but the real saving is in the reliability and quality of the car, in the long term the car is gonna cost you much less than most others because of the lack of replacement parts your gonna need in years to come.

You wont say that if you crack a door mirror(£68)....Lexus badge(plastic!! £8)...gear knob(again plastic £19)...washers (£9 each) whilst they might be reliable cars Toyota recoup the money you save when you need replacement parts,plus the extra they charge for servicing even though they are serviced by Toyota mechanics ;)

100 miles me roughly about £14 at current petrol prices and that is driving in town, with a light foot.

blimey.. i can do 180 miles on £20 in my GS300.. and I live in Dorset which has the most expensive fuel costs in the UK.

well from the sig pic! i think you will be looking more at these kinda figures - £20 = 100 miles.

as for other bits, it just isnt cheap to run, but as was said before you dont realy have lots of little niggles as long as u buy a good one.

services are not cheap tho, and it if your gonna mod it then there are no cheap options

well repairing costs seem to be about normal, i own a 10 year old volvo which is costing more to kepe running than i originally payed for it. Its a 2.0 litre and drinks petrol. I suppose its not much different from the lex, big heavy car with not much bhp.

As for modding im not fussed about costs because i will be sponsored :P

Is tehre anything i should steer clear from? anythign at all?

Tcooper

sponsored? who by. anything decent?

mods to stay away from? well i suppose it depends what your modding the car to become.

show car

track - fast road

wheels are a big factor, finding the wheels with the correct offset is a hard thing sometimes. go wrong and u will have plenty of scrubbage.

just check out the sponsor pages on here and u will find most of the stuff availiable for the IS200. cant recoment the supercharger enough tho!

well sponsorship comes from either knowing the right people or being involved in the show/race scene of the whole modified car world.

i am getting my full re-trim done by the company who do the maclaren F1's and lots of other car for cost thru sponsorship etc. and my paintwork is being done via a part sponsorship too. black alacantara centres and bently cream leather throughout. all the TV's in the head rests will be propperly trimmed in along with a profesionaly fitted mini bar behind the center arm rest. lol

Im with Brett here full tank seems to be around 230 260 and that has included 100 miles of m-ways which only uses 1/4 tank os less, my 7 mile journey too work seems to use at least 1/8 of a tank.

I have a 5 year old auto as well which probally doesnt help much although it doesnt have too many miles on it.

Nick

Im with Brett here full tank seems to be around 230 260 and that has included 100 miles of m-ways which only uses 1/4 tank os less, my 7 mile journey too work seems to use at least 1/8 of a tank.

I have a 5 year old auto as well which probally doesnt help much although it doesnt have too many miles on it.

Nick

:ohmy: I know auto's use slightly more fuel but didn't realise they were that bad. I suppose it greatly depends on how you drive your car aswell though. you guys must have a lead right foot! :winky:

No lead foot here :duh:

My drive too work all 7 miles of it is about 3 miles through town avg speed maybe 15 - 20 then onto some 40 limits and then about 1 1/2 miles on dual carriageway at 60 ish then a small 30 limit to the car park.

There is no chance of speeding through town as its all just too slow and the dual carriageway is on to the airport so too many police around for speeding there.

I have noticed though the car is generally far better on the motorway or dual carriageways than round town.

The reason i bought an auto in the end because of all the stop start driving i do.

Ive only put 2 tanks of petrol in the car since i got it and i think i will of managed about 520 - 540 miles from the 2 tanks.

I compare this to my old diesel vectra which could easily do 500 miles from only 60 litres compared to the Lex's 70 litres.

However the lex doesnt squeak is far comfier and also looks so much smarter pulling up too somewhere!!!

Nick

I compare this to my old diesel vectra which could easily do 500 miles from only 60 litres compared to the Lex's 70 litres.

However the lex doesnt squeak is far comfier and also looks so much smarter pulling up too somewhere!!!

Nick

Well thats it, everything comes at a price, and well worth the extra on fuel I say!

Just filled my tank this morning actually and worked it out at just over 28 mpg! :driving: (just to rub it in a bit :winky: )

Long distance drivers must see 35+ easily I would of thought?

I take it you fill your tank, run it down, fill it up again and, then divide how many miles youve done by how many gallons you put 2nd time. Just a thought as thats why it might seem a tad low. Dont forgot there could be a couple of gallons in before the light comes on. Just a thought anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links