Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

KNOCKING FROM DRIVER SIDE(IS200SE)

uzziz

Hi all

I have this irratating knocking noise coming from the driver side front every time i go over any bumps or cracks in the road surface.. Subsequently i tookthe car to a garage he replaced the link near the wheel. But the noise is still there, now i'll have to take it back as i think it could be the shock/suspension or something any suggestions????

The mechanic put alink bar for no reason, and to cover up his *****-up he said it could be the passenger side link (jokin right?)

Please help me>>>

tanksss

uzzzzzzzzi

IS200 SE PLATINUM SILVER 25 % SMOKY TINTS ALROUND:flaming:

Hi mate

The car was checked from alocal garage

and the cars is a vreg 99 and the lexus warranty expired a while back

I took out a a car protect warranty woul dthat cover my shocks and suspension fault????

tanx in advance :tumble::tumble:

there was a few cases of premature wear on early is200 shocks......however as yours is "old" now.......i would say more than 90% sure that its your shocks that have failed

but i would also get the other link looked at and the anti-roll bar fixing points

mat

:mad:

i now also have a knocking from the passenger side when coming down of speed bumps..........

im gonna check ...hopefully this weekend the mountings but i feel after a year of being lowered on standered shocks that the shocks have now given up the ghost

dam..........pesky shocks:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Just had both bottom ball joints replaced at lexus recomendation as I was getting a knocking sound over speed bumps and cracks in road. getting annoying so dealt with it swiftly before trip to france. Then found the noise was no better but the steering felt sharper so they were bad. Now I have the Anti Rollboar Bushes and am having them fitted this afternoon so hopefully that will cure it or thats another £40 thrown at the problem....

Loz

Well just went and had the anti roll bar bushes put on my GS300.

FUGGING HELL the difference is UNREAL!!!

I am so chuffed but my man with the garage who is now going to sort out the rangy suspension for under a ton, has charged me a whole TEN POUNDS!!! for fitting these £20.16 parts. which I got for £18.

hmmmmm....... 28 quid to turn a GS into a magic carpet. not bad, thanks lexus!

Maybe I'll put the LS400 off until next year.....

Loz

Also Matt, they stop your anti rollbar making an annoyoing clatter when you go over bumps. they are a flexible mount that when worn out, become a truly irritating source of banging and thumping noises. if I had known they were so cheap I would have put four on!! (only kidding!!)

2 is plenty *puts wallet in safe place...*

Loz :arrrggg-matey:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links