Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS Impressed

Mitch

ok having had the car since sunday morning and done 193miles (just come back from a cruise through town) thought i'd submit my opinions about it......

when i unlock the garage and i get theat mean menacing front end looking me straight in the face i get a grin like that of a little kid let loose in toys r us!

unlock the car and get in, lovely seats. insert and turn the key then that amazing rumble erupts from under the bonnet....... VROOOOOOM. listen to the engine for a second while its idle, bout 1000revs but sounds gorgeous.

stick it into 1st and im gone. lovely gearchange although 5th is a little tight but dnt matter to me.

1st gear- starts the engine growling.........mmmm mmm

2nd gear - doesnt really kick in until 3000revs by which time i change into 3rd due to having to keep it under 4000revs.

3rd gear- lovely rips the car along those roads

4th- same again nice cruising.

5th a bit tight when changing from 4th or 6th gear but good when its in

6th gear lovely but the IS only has this used if i do over 70mph which while driving through town doesnt happen

reverse- haha it took me bout 10minutes on sunday after chris and kevin left to work out how reverse is selected. i was pushing the gearstick down , pulling it up using both hands then finally worked it out. nice little bleep to go with it.

the car handles ace although i feel the steerings a liitle light. it mite just be me. goes round corners with ease and not much body roll even on a tight corner.

the brakes are amazing very responsive, not too much brake dust either. well it hasnt showed up on the alloys like you guys said, give it chance though eh.:)

equipment- brilliant,standard system is good bass, mids and treble excellent. quite suprising for a standard system. seats are comfortable, electric adjust, and seat heaters are ace. instruments look cool especially at night. love that sat nav (even though some say its slightly off, havent experienced that yet). normal beams are ok, not as bad as i thought reading other posts(got good eyesight though) high beams are AMAZING like its daylight.

best thing is the attention it gets. ***** i love it. its de-badged except for the 2 gold badges on the front and rear so ppl are guessing wot it is. had beemer, merc VW etc staring at the car. even took my cousin to look at a VW golf V6 at local VW dealers and as the dealer was talking to him he was fixed on the car and said how nice it looked.:D:D

lets just say when ever i drive it i have a grin like this:D:D

cant wait to break the engine in now :D:D:D

I must admit I know what you mean mate.

I've had my IS200 sport for a few weeks now and I get more attention from the fairer s*x now than I did with my last Subaru Impreza. :D

Better still, no attention from the low life scum that kept going for the scooby.

Let us know what you think once it's run in.

Originally posted by Mojo

I must admit I know what you mean mate.

I've had my IS200 sport for a few weeks now and I get more attention from the fairer s*x now than I did with my last Subaru Impreza. :D

Better still, no attention from the low life scum that kept going for the scooby.

When I had my Impreza Turbo I had quite a lot of attention from the girlies,but I don't as much now !

I've either become pig ugly now or I'm driving in the wrong area,I think a trip down to Stafford is called for Mitch

Playa

don'y worry about the gears for at least 3000 miles - mine went through a variety of changes - 5th would be tight, then 2nd etc.

Should loosen up nicely - give it time.

Mine has just < 10,000 on the clock now - and it might just be me - but I think the engine and gearbox have been loosening up still.

blingin is street slang. when someone got some thick gold chain or in the americans case platinum chains they call it bling bling,platinum is alos called ice.

refer it to a car and the car is shiny, it stands out.

watch MTV BASE and look at the RnB/ Hip-hop videos and u will see them and there cars blinging with platinum and chrome

Oo! just noticed the reference to "Perfect Gentleman" at the bottom of your posts... nice :D

No - sorry.

Its a reference to the 'song' No s*x in the Champagne Room by Chris Rock - funny *****.

As you may be able to tell - I have a extensive collection of MP3 comedy files

:tumble::bounce:

Bill Hicks, Chris Rock, Denis Leary - check the scars on my sides!

well, I think we can safely say we've hijacked this thread... soz Playa.:tumble:

yeah ok then, if u and mat think u hi-jacked this thread then think again. this is my thread and im here to stay.

mat- chris rock is a funny guy, that some comical genius rite there

dark_IS200- yeah MTV Base is worth the digital cost

and mat i dnt wear my pants halfway down my *****, ur quote is stereotyping ppl that listen to hip-hop, RnB etc

lads i've just claimed this thread back hahaha

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links