Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorola Phone

Looking at changing my phone.

Have sorta decided on the Motorola V3

Has what I need - phone, Bluetooth and GPRS. And a real plus is its very slimline, will fit nicely in a suit jacket.

Just a touch concerned about whether I'll have any problems with using this with my Sony Ericcson Bluetooth gear.

I have the SE car kit, and an SE headset (HBH-60 and HBH-30 I think they are).

Is it as straightforward as Bluetooth is Bluetooth - doesn't matter who manaufactures the kit, its all standards compliant?

Or would I have any problems?

Anyone usng this combo?

Bluetooth is not Bluetooth from my experience.

I have a Nokia Bluetooth car kit fitted to my car. It works perfectly well with any Bluetooth nokia phone but I have had problems when connecting Ericsson T610 and my new SPV C500 phone.

I get a lot of feedback when using a non-nokia phone with a nokia Bluetooth car kit.

"Is it as straightforward as Bluetooth is Bluetooth - doesn't matter who manaufactures the kit, its all standards compliant"

NO!

Parrot make the best Bluetooth car kits as they seem to be the most universal.

Sorry Zee as I know you have one, :P but based on my own feedback from customers, the V3 is very unreliable and I wouldn't recommend the Motorolas interface to anyone!!

Check with Motorola wether or not the equipment you have works ok. I can look into it tomoz if you like.

Personal Handsfree kits seem to ok but car kits are a different story.

Parrot make the best bluetooth car kits as they seem to be the most universal.

I got the SE kit, as they are better made - a couple of guys on here who fit different car kits every day recommended them ;)

Sorry Zee as I know you have one,  :P  but based on my own feedback from customers, the V3 is very unreliable and I wouldn't recommend the Motorolas interface to anyone!!

Check with Motorola wether or not the equipment you have works ok. I can look into it tomoz if you like.

if you could check up - that would be great!

what phone would you recommend then?

I am with orange - have been since pretty much forever :D

Want a nice looking phone, with BT and GPRS.

I did want a D500 - but they are permanently out of stock :crybaby:

Like the V3 - whats wrong with its interface?

There just not nice to use. They'd do your head in!! Trust me.

Bluetooth and GPRS, every phone has more or less has GPRS and Bluetooth is getting more common. Not with the Nokias mind.

Really don't know what they are doing lately, the crap they keep bringing out!! Apart from the 6230 which they have basicaly copied from a Sony Ericsson k700 and still not quite pulled it off, but its still the only half decent phone in a long time.

They keep bringing out phones which do the same as the previous model but look marginally different, like BMW say....

Nokia address the sitiuation with a new range of flip phones, ha, take the launched 6170 which came out today. Great stylish phone, does the basics but lacks Bluetooth. A good 8 out of 10 customers walk in and say "After a flip phone with camera and bleutooth" Bugger im going a little :offtopic: !!

Right, D500 are good phones, nice to use and feature wise great to. My store has just got a small quantity back in stock which were expecting on Monday. What do you're bills work out at a month? Might be able to swing free one for you....? (might)

Right, D500 are good phones, nice to use and feature wise great to. My store has just got a small quantity back in stock which were expecting on Monday. What do you're bills work out at a month? Might be able to swing free one for you....? (might)

I am on something like Business 500 - summat like that.

usually get my phones upgraded for free - have two handsets on a business account, paying > £100 per month normally.

can pm my number if you need it.

if you can get me a D500 - I'll owe you a big one! even bigger if its black! :lol:

I am on something like Business 500 - summat like that.

usually get my phones upgraded for free - have two handsets on a business account, paying > £100 per month normally.

can pm my number if you need it.

if you can get me a D500 - I'll owe you a big one! even bigger if its black! :lol:

Black is all Orange have anyway dude. PM me you're acount number/ mobile number and post code and I'll contact out commercial support and and they will review your account.

Should be able to do it free but they can take 7 days to give me a decision. Only trouble is because alot of other Orange shops pocketed the difference they now request you to pay the shop and its then credited to you're account within 2 months :crybaby:

£169 + Vat!! But See what I can do.

:winky:

Black is all Orange have anyway dude. PM me you're acount number/ mobile number and post code and I'll contact out commercial support and and they will review your account.

Should be able to do it free but they can take 7 days to give me a decision. Only trouble is because alot of other Orange shops pocketed the difference they now request you to pay the shop and its then credited to you're account within 2 months :crybaby:

you have PM fella :winky:

where is your shop based?

you have PM fella :winky:

where is your shop based?

The sunny side of Leicestershire.......................

Pork Pie Land know as Melton Mowbray!!

Some small pimple on a cows butt!! :lol:

Parrot make the best bluetooth car kits as they seem to be the most universal.

I got the SE kit, as they are better made - a couple of guys on here who fit different car kits every day recommended them ;)

Sorry Zee as I know you have one,  :P  but based on my own feedback from customers, the V3 is very unreliable and I wouldn't recommend the Motorolas interface to anyone!!

if you could check up - that would be great!

what phone would you recommend then?

I am with orange - have been since pretty much forever :D

Want a nice looking phone, with BT and GPRS.

I did want a D500 - but they are permanently out of stock :crybaby:

Like the V3 - whats wrong with its interface?

I have just upgraded with orange and gone for two D500's and they are being delivered tuesday so maybe try again .have you held the v3 as i found that it looked alot better in the pics and felt very fragile in the flesh.i also have the HB-30 car kit and have been told that it wil work fine

I have just upgraded with orange and gone for two D500's and they are being delivered tuesday so maybe try again .have you held the v3 as i found that it looked alot better in the pics and felt very fragile in the flesh.i also have the HB-30 car kit and have been told that it wil work fine

was in an orange shop today - and had a bit of a play.

I thought they felt ok - didn't seem that fragile.

I quite liked it! :blush:

how long were you waiting for the D500s?

Forgot to mention the upgrade did not cost a penny and i got them from orange direct

I am on for a free upgrade too mate - have already confirmed that with Orange ;)

They are comming on tuesday fingers crossed ,although i have to wait in all day for them .just thought the v3 might struggle to make it a full year until i could upgrade again ,also it was quite a wide phone although very thin and would have give me probs fitting it onto car holder ,very nice looking phone though.

They are comming on tuesday fingers crossed ,although i have to wait in all day for them .just thought the v3 might struggle to make it a full year until i could upgrade again ,also it was quite a wide phone although very thin and would have give me probs fitting it onto car holder ,very nice looking phone though.

sorry mate - I meant when did you order?

every time I have rang - they have been out of stock

that is weird ,bet mine dont come on tuesday :crybaby: .i went through to cancel my contract to begin with and the bloke could not do enough to stop me leaving orange .cant beleive they could have sold out that quickly what time did you ring ,i rang at about 5 pm

I got a D500 on vodafone from a high street shop, free, £15 per month contract (1/2 price for 6 months),free Jabra BT200 Blue Tooth hands free, 200 mins anytime any network talk etc.

superb phone. Just want a nice car kit now.

I'd say wait out for the D500 Matt

I have a Friend with a Moto Razor and she hates it

I was looking to upgrade through Orange, but they want a lot for a D500.

I think i will be better off dumping orange and porting my number, at least it will save a few quid.

Im also a little miffed that orange offer extra free eve mins to "NEW" customers, but not for old ones............

I wonder if they want to keep existing customers or not.

Rant over :)

I was looking to upgrade through Orange, but they want a lot for a D500.

I think i will be better off dumping orange and porting my number, at least it will save a few quid.

Im also a little miffed that orange offer extra free eve mins to "NEW" customers, but not for old ones............

I wonder if they want to keep existing customers or not.

Rant over :)

they gave me 200 day time mins plus 200 eve mins and 100 texts a month for £30 ,plus the free phone thought that was quite good :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links