Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parrot Ck3300 Car Kit

ifraz

Does anyone know if the Parrot CK3300 Bluetooth car kit will work with the standard IS200 stereo?

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/3357.htm

It doesn't come with an external speaker like the Nokia car kits. This kit has to be wired via the stereo with the mute option.

I have a feeling that it won't work cus of the mute issue with the IS stereo.

Any electrical gurus care to comment and advise please?

Thank you in advance. :)

there's a mute wire on the slot at the bottom type

there's T-Mute and MUTE

What's the difference T-Mute and MUTE?

In the link (I've posted above) to the product it states that it comes with radio mute cable with line output (ISO cables). Does this mean that the sound will come via these cables to the car speakers? :unsure:

As you can probably guess I'm not too hot on car electronics. :blush:

Thanks Rob.

I'll have a play with this next weekend. :)

I'm trying to locate the stereo removal instructions, I can't find them. :blink:

its in the workshop mate 2 nd page i think. its with pics - one sugggestion, try grabbing the dash tray with both hands and giving it a good pull, see if it comes off - mine didnt so thats why i had to use a putty knife to lift it out.

Thanks Rob.

I'll have a play with this next weekend. :)

I'm trying to locate the stereo removal instructions, I can't find them. :blink:

its in the workshop mate 2 nd page i think. its with pics - one sugggestion, try grabbing the dash tray with both hands and giving it a good pull, see if it comes off - mine didnt so thats why i had to use a putty knife to lift it out.

Dont forget the two bolts holding it in though first! :)

Oh and definatly heed the advise about the not letting the radio unit hang down... the edges are very sharp and do mark the centre console.

I too am interested in the T-MUTE as the MUTE I used whilst muting the audio doesn't pause the CD player (like the RDS-TA does). Maybe that's the difference.

depends what type of tray u have some have bolts some dont!

Aha.. you may be right, but I too followed the workshop guide, pulling and tugging then noticed the small plastic cover which once removed showed the two bolts...

Could have been an expensive mistake if something had given way before I found the bolts... hence why I mentioned it. It might be worthwile updating the guide?

If you have a flip cover over the tray then I think it likly there will be bolts holding it down (mine is a 2004 marque).

depends what type of tray u have some have bolts some dont!

Aha.. you may be right, but I too followed the workshop guide, pulling and tugging then noticed the small plastic cover which once removed showed the two bolts...

Could have been an expensive mistake if something had given way before I found the bolts... hence why I mentioned it. It might be worthwile updating the guide?

If you have a flip cover over the tray then I think it likly there will be bolts holding it down (mine is a 2004 marque).

the guide has been the same since 19 feb 2002 - and does state that there are 3 types of tray and also states the different possible methods of removing them - dont know what u were reading, but the type u have is described in there and has been since 2002 , maybe u didnt read the complete guide?

• 1 month later...

the guide has been the same since 19 feb 2002  - and does state that there are 3 types of tray and also states the different possible methods of removing them - dont know what u were reading, but the type u have is described in there and has been since 2002 , maybe u didnt read the complete guide?

Nope definatly read the whole guide as I didn't want to go snapping things off on my new car! :)

The only guide I could find was http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=2160

The guide doen't cover the dash tray in my 04 IS. My tray is nearly the same as the NAV display tray apart from it not having a nav screen in there ;)

There is a rectangular plastic cover that needs to be removed before the two securing screws can be accessed. After undoing them, the tray then comes out. The screws are not in the felt section.

If I get time this week I will try and get a few pictures for you to update the guide (or most likley to find that we are both talking about the same unit, just using different names for things :) ).

there's a mute wire on the slot at the bottom type

there's T-Mute and MUTE

What's the difference T-Mute and MUTE?

In the link (I've posted above) to the product it states that it comes with radio mute cable with line output (ISO cables). Does this mean that the sound will come via these cables to the car speakers? :unsure:

As you can probably guess I'm not too hot on car electronics. :blush:

Ifraz, I don't think its that easy to have the sound from the carkit coming out of the speakers on the IS200. For a start it doesn't have ISO leads and the factory AMP in the SE/Sport will cause more problems.

• 5 weeks later...

the guide has been the same since 19 feb 2002  - and does state that there are 3 types of tray and also states the different possible methods of removing them - dont know what u were reading, but the type u have is described in there and has been since 2002 , maybe u didnt read the complete guide?

Nope definatly read the whole guide as I didn't want to go snapping things off on my new car! :)

The only guide I could find was http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=2160

The guide doen't cover the dash tray in my 04 IS. My tray is nearly the same as the NAV display tray apart from it not having a nav screen in there ;)

There is a rectangular plastic cover that needs to be removed before the two securing screws can be accessed. After undoing them, the tray then comes out. The screws are not in the felt section.

If I get time this week I will try and get a few pictures for you to update the guide (or most likley to find that we are both talking about the same unit, just using different names for things :) ).

As promised..... pictures...

normal_Picture%20382.jpg

normal_Picture%20381.jpg

normal_Picture%20383.jpg

normal_Picture%20384.jpg

normal_Picture%20385.jpg

normal_Picture%20386.jpg

As you can see the description in your guide doesn't match this tray configuration. Feel free to use the pictures to illustraight your how-to if you want :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links