Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Geometry Report From Is200

Beissbarth ML4000 Wheel Alignment 

please see attached spreadsheet.

Comments are invited, especially from Tony @ wheels.

Looks real good, the "before" settings would imply front inner tyre wear, and a lose back end on a left turn, "how" does the car feel now...

These are the before figures, yes there was tyre wear before on back and front. Also it was tramlining on some roads before. It did feel better on some roads but recently doesn't seem 100% hence the question.

Thanks for comments Tony. What should they have changed from the figures to get it good?

These are the before figures, yes there was tyre wear before on back and front. Also it was tramlining on some roads before. It did feel better on some roads but recently doesn't seem 100% hence the question.

Thanks for comments Tony. What should they have changed from the figures to get it good?

To be fair Steve the settings are by the book "neutral", what problems do you have? geometry is unique so we need to know what part of that 100% is missing.

The only problem now is the tramlining, other than that it feels good. Can corner and roundabout at good speed and it stays there ( so pleases with that ), it's the wandering on some roads.

I guess tram lining will be inherent to having fat tyres, especially on our poor road surfaces.

Do you get this on the outside lane on motorays where the road is usally flat? Not the other two, as the wagons have made grooves and will definately cause tram lining on 225 tyres.

The only problem now is the tramlining, other than that it feels good. Can corner and roundabout at good speed and it stays there ( so pleases with that ), it's the wandering on some roads.

Ok Steve now i understand, "tramlining" is due in most cases to tyre type, geometry cannot tram with a negitive camber, on your geometry report you show a new set of Pirelli tyres, what model are they...

sounds the same as mine Steve, I know when I got my alignment done (on one of those hunter machines) they couldnt get the camber in spec so he said something about adjusting the caster (i think) to counter that with the tyre wear. does that make sense?

my car wanders now, especially at speeds which is pretty dangerous!

I was wondering if something was knackered on my car?

The new tyres were fitted he week before, they are Pirelli Pzero Rosso. When they were fitted and the minor adjustment to geometry done the car seemed fine, I took it along a road where tramlining was nothing but dangerous and it was fine. Now find it's going with the flow again.

It's in for a 20k service next week so will be interesting to see if they report anything back ( trying a different dealership ).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links