Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

:angry: Hi all, My new RX300SE has now covered 11oo miles, I am not pushing it, if anything babbying it. Brimmed it twice now: 21.25 MPG, thats on duel carrageway and a bit around the houses, I live in the sticks!

Do you think this is reasonable? :blush:

:angry: Hi all, My new RX300SE has now covered 11oo miles, I am not pushing it, if anything babbying it. Brimmed it twice now: 21.25 MPG, thats on duel carrageway and a bit around the houses, I live in the sticks!

Do you think this is reasonable? :blush:

I think thats pretty reasonable compared to other 4x4's.

My Range rover 4.6 is about 10-11 per gallon.

Some of these American 4x4 only do 5 mpg.

yup. thats about right. It will get a bit better but town driving really drinks the petrol.

Initially I was suprised, coming from an IS i was used to better economy but then i figured whatever mpg I do, the fuel will never equate to the extra cost of the hybrid. haha.

If i was really bothered about mpg i would have bought a diesel van

yup. thats about right. It will get a bit better but town driving really drinks the petrol.

Initially I was suprised, coming from an IS i was used to better economy but then i figured whatever mpg I do, the fuel will never equate to the extra cost of the hybrid. haha.

If i was really bothered about mpg i would have bought a diesel van

YEA good point.

My car is 13 months old and I have now done 20000 miles. MPG varies from 22-23 for ordinary driving to 25'ish on a dual carriagway in cruise at 60 mph. I dont mind the fuel consumption as the car is superb and I knew the mpg before buying it. What I do mind though are the frequent trips to the garage to fill up, I just didnt realise the tank would have such a small range (ie approx 300 miles) - I wish the fuel tank was bigger!

I got 18 mpg on the test drive...but car only had 100 miles on it and was not hanging around so hoping for 20+ when I get my own..

On my test drive I got 24MPG, and on the SE-L I borrowed for 500miles I got 25!!, and it had the same miles on the clock as mine!, could be a running in thing but I doubt it, what you get at the start is generaly what you end up with.

I was lucky enough to have a RX300SE L for a five days test drive. Drove just over 800 miles. Mainly motorway returned betwen 26-28 miles gallon. Combined (25% town) gave me 23-24 miles/gallon.

Motoway driving was at 70-75 miles/hour, and only a few "quick overtakings".

I was impressed.

With a 30% improvement for the RX400h things are looking up.

I got 18 mpg on the test drive...but car only had 100 miles on it and was not hanging around so hoping for 20+ when I get my own..

On my test drive I got 24MPG, and on the SE-L I borrowed for 500miles I got 25!!, and it had the same miles on the clock as mine!, could be a running in thing but I doubt it, what you get at the start is generaly what you end up with.

Glad I'm not buying that demo... :D

Of course it could be the fact that the air susupension automatically lowers by 7mm at 62mph to cut down on drag and aid stability.

Of course it could be the fact that the air susupension automatically lowers by 7mm at 62mph to cut down on drag and aid stability.

I had not known that, but most if not all miles were done under that speed on a/b roads!!! :duh:

25 on a good day with motorway but around town 19-20 is norm

Hi John, had the RX checked over (fuel / emisions ect) yesterday, whilst test driving the LS430. Came back no problems, they say give it some more miles!!

LS430 was soooo smooth, can't justify 50+K on a car though. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links