Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removal Of The Speed Limiter

Since I dont know if your just being stupid or are stupid Ill explain in the most un-condecending fasion:

At 144 MPH, the car stops accelerating. This is because of and electronic speed control. Not because It doesnt have enough power. My IS300 is a turbo conversion. It makes 475 RWHP.

So back to the subject: Are their any people that have bypassed the governor, and maitined a usable speedo?

Since I dont know if your just being stupid or  are stupid Ill explain in the most un-condecending fasion:

At 144 MPH, the car stops accelerating. This is because of and electronic speed control. Not because It doesnt have enough power. My IS300 is a turbo conversion. It makes 475 RWHP.

So back to the subject: Are their any people that have bypassed the governor, and maitined a  usable speedo?

Myis300t, firstly can I suggest that you take a look at the Forum Terms and conditions by clicking below :

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?act=boardrules

After reading the forums, you will be aware that we do NOT tolerate RUDE comments to other members, and that of what you made, suggesting that another member is just stupid, is damn right RUDE.

Secondly, do not speak about driving at speeds that are illegal on a public UK forum, otherwise your post will be edited, and removed as we do not participate and certainly will not advice on how make your vehicle capable of ridiculously fast speeds on public highways.

Try carrying out a search on your topic, rather than just posting - then calling members stupid for trying to help.

Please bare in mind that your account can be warned, and/or suspended should you not adhear to the T&C.

Regards,

Chill out mate. What Bazza is saying is that the car is not limited by a speed control, it's actually the rev limiter and a mixture of the gear box drive ratio's that causes the car to top out at that.

What some guys have done is to have the rev limiter altered by use of an aftermarket ECU to take the max rev limit up to say 7000rpm from the standard 6250rpm we have on the IS200.

To be honest there aren't really any people in the UK kicking out the sort of power you have, the Monster which is owned by Mat Clawley has the most power on this site but then again it has none of the same internals so not really a good comparison.

I think Gordon (GRiM) has had the rev limit raised on his car but I'm sure he said he doesn't really use it as the internals were not upgraded so it isn't really safe on the IS200...

You may be better asking this on one of the US sites, ie the US section of LOC which you can access here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

There are more people with this sort of setup so they can advise accordingly...

Did you say in one of your posts you have an aftermarket gear box?

As for the speedo, isn't it worked out from the speed the wheels are turning which is why you have to be careful when choosing bigger alloys to get the correct tyre size & profile to match the standard size as close as possible?

At those sorts of speeds anyway I think it's usually around +7-10% anyway, it is when I've seen it and compared to the reading from a device fed by GPS?

Couple of links here for a bit more reading:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/lof...php/t19537.html

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=7350

Kavey makes a comment which sums it up for you as Bazza did:

"The speed is limited by the gearing and the redline. You're only going to get more top speed by adjusting the gearing or the rev limiter"

The extra power you have will only get you to the current top speed quicker!

Insulting established members isnt really the way to get your questions answered

this is a forum where members help out members, not hinder them. No one on here would try to put you down in any way or be rude to you. they will however advise you on what is and what is not advisable wrt your is200 and subsequent modifications.

The general consensus is to drive safe and stay legal. This is not possible and forums acknowledge this. However, driving at 144 mph and tryin to find ways to do more is irresponsible and stupid, and highly dangerous. U want ot do that, at least specify you after track days etc.

Since I dont know if your just being stupid or  are stupid Ill explain in the most un-condecending fasion:

So back to the subject: Are their any people that have bypassed the governor, and maitined a  usable speedo?

Since I dont know if your just being rude or are rude Ill explain in the most un-condecending fasion:

go forth and multiply :)

Has anyone been succesful at removing the speed limiter in an Is300 Is200 by using the Apexi Rev Speed Meter?

I guess the answer to that is no. The US specification cars are different to the UK models in many respects, so you may be better off asking a US forum.

If it works in a similar way to the 2JZ Supra, the speed delimiter activates the t/c butterfly and applies the rear brakes slightly.

Best of luck mate :)

My apologies.. Not being from your country, Ill explain.. When Bazza posted:

"Thought the car was just slow"

Over here thats taken as a knock. I dont know him, he doesnt know me, so why the knock. The general concensus over here woould be, that Bazza was being blatenetly confrontatious, and clasifying... Correct Being a New Yorker has its caveats, one of them being we dont take "digs" lying down. So when someone steps up, gets in your face.. which was merely the perception of Baza's comment, When a dog barks, we bite. So Again my apologies.

I am heavily invloved in "Club" Road Course Racing. The gear box which is installed in my car is from the MKIII supra Turbo. Alas R154. From a gearing perspective, My top end on paper is 203MPH. Speed Limiter stops me at 144MPH.

Traction control is disabled in my vehicle. In the auto tranny the speed is taken from the wheel sensors, in the manual it is taken from the tranny speed sensor.

Over here thats taken as a knock. I dont know him, he doesnt know me, so why the knock. The general concensus over here woould be, that Bazza was being blatenetly confrontatious, and clasifying... Correct Being  a New Yorker has its caveats, one of them being we dont take "digs" lying down.  So when someone steps up, gets in your face.. which was merely the perception of Baza's comment, When a dog barks, we bite. So Again my apologies.

I am heavily invloved in "Club" Road Course Racing. The gear box which is installed in my car is from the MKIII supra Turbo. Alas R154. From a gearing perspective, My top end on paper is 203MPH. Speed Limiter stops me at 144MPH. 

Traction control is disabled in my vehicle. In the auto tranny the speed is taken from the wheel sensors, in the manual it is taken from the tranny speed sensor.

apologies accepted

was hardly a knock, coming from the land where the majority of IS`s are mere 200`s and are quite well known for being slow,

the comment is fairly common over here, and if anything, was a dig at the car in general terms and not you personally, you referred to the cars in general and not yours personally,

and yes being a Londoner when dogs bite we kick them in the balls :P

any way know we have that sorted how about some pics of your car and letting us know what you have carried out so far :D

Over here thats taken as a knock. I dont know him, he doesnt know me, so why the knock. The general concensus over here woould be, that Bazza was being blatenetly confrontatious, and clasifying... Correct Being  a New Yorker has its caveats, one of them being we dont take "digs" lying down.  So when someone steps up, gets in your face.. which was merely the perception of Baza's comment, When a dog barks, we bite. So Again my apologies.

Bazza pls accept his apologies :wub:

as someone who worked in the states (ATL) I know where is coming from B)

Kapeesh :zee:

Bazza pls accept his apologies :wub:

as someone who worked in the states (ATL) I know where is coming from B)

Kapeesh :zee:

allready have :D

:wub::wub:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links