Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi I just got a 2000 GS430 and it didnt have a manual for the sat nav, does anyone know of how i can get one i want to clear the old points of interest etc. also does anyone know if i bought an upgraded map would it come with pois like speed cameras and postcode search?

steve

hi I just got a 2000 GS430 and it didnt have a manual for the sat nav, does anyone know of how i can get one i want to clear the old points of interest etc. also does anyone know if i bought an upgraded map would it come with pois like speed cameras and postcode search?

steve

Go to menu|marked points| you will find three buttons, edit, delete and register.

From there you can choose to delete one by one, or all at once. You can also delete the other owner's home, and register your house as home.

This is useful, as when driving, the sustem will not let you enter a destination except it will let you press the "take me home" button.

I do not know about upgrading the map. For cameras you will need a separate device like a Road Angel.

The new model has RDS traffic avoidance, from the radio, this is a feature that does not seem to have been advertised.

Regards,

Tony

steve

Tone has it spot on with deleting the old POI's.

I have the latest disk on order at the moment. I do not expect it to have either Speed Camera POI or postcode entry - but I can post back here when I pick it up and let you know ;)

:question: can you get satellite for the GS300 (1994). And is it expensive.

If you cant is there an off the shelf one that would compliment the inside. I know some things look awful that just get "stuck on" if you know what I mean :D

The Tom Tom Go is probably the best bet Ian, can be fitted nicely inside the car.

My father has one. His LS does not have Lexus sat nav, but he had a nice little bracket ftted subtley, so it sits nicely on his centre console

The TTG

43600019_G.sized.jpg

with it removed, all you see is

43600023_G.sized.jpg

from the passenger seat, you see less than an inch of black wire

What Bracket is that Matt? I want something like that for my origin blue i

the mechanics my Dad knows do a lot of work on cabs.

I believe its from a taxi - holds the meter or something like that.

it goes nicely through the air vent, and is wired to a live feed down the back of the console ;)

• 4 months later...

steve

Tone has it spot on with deleting the old POI's.

I have the latest disk on order at the moment. I do not expect it to have either Speed Camera POI or postcode entry - but I can post back here when I pick it up and let you know ;)

I have just purchased an S reg GS300 and would like to have the latest CD for the satelitte (some new roads in my area!). Could tell me how you went about ordering the new CD, I assume it is from a dealer.

Thanks very much inadvance.

Angus

• 3 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my question seemed to fit here rather than start a new one.

I recently got a 2003 GS430 Sport and the sat nav software, which I think is a 2002 revision, doesn't have a postcode search, which makes it pretty useless in certain situations. Does more recent software for this car have a postcode search?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my question seemed to fit here rather than start a new one.

I recently got a 2003 GS430 Sport and the sat nav software, which I think is a 2002 revision, doesn't have a postcode search, which makes it pretty useless in certain situations. Does more recent software for this car have a postcode search?

Nope, postcode search is only on the mk3 GS, I got a 2007 disc for my old GS and nothing changed other than the roads

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links