Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This evening, Carrol & Kinsella on the Rock Road in Dublin, opened thier new 'Designated Lexus Outlet'. Not a bad little shindig. Got to rub shoulders with a few hob-nobs. Brian O'Driscoll, the new captain of The Lions rugby team was also there to add a little flavour.

With the opening, they also 'officially' launched the new GS, even though quite a few have been sold already.

So I stuck my nose into a couple of cars, just to see what all the fuss was about. I think that I have just found my next car, just have to wait a couple of years 'til the used prices fit my pocket, though.

A couple of what I would consider 'mistakes', but you could live with them.

Now we never got chance for a drive, so I am just talking from an observation point of view. Also remember this is an Irish spec'd car, so some things may differ from the UK versions.

1. The boot. Larger that the last model, but a smaller access area.

2. The spare. Now one of those poxy space-savers. Euch!

3. The two most used items; the boot release and the fuel cap release, is behind a little trap door. I can understand the other units in there because once they are set you never go near them again, but the boot and the fuel???

4. Sat-Nav is only available as standard on the Sport and the 430 versions. Come on Lexus, that item is now standard in a Focus!!

5. Parking Assist Sensors only on Executive, Sport and 430 versions. Come on again. They are now standard on of all things, a Micra!!!!

In case anyone was wondering, we have four models here:-

1. GS 300 €64,995

2. GS 300 Executive €71,095

3. GS 300 Sport €78,630

4. GS 430 €97,675

Anyone want to do the maths conversion???

Apart from the items above, there are a few other little niggles, but it still an awesome piece of kit.

Just wait a couple of years or so, and I should just be able to afford a 05 Sport.

Only have to get the test drive now.

Phil.

Oh, almost forgot. The Morello Red with the Ivory Leather and Birds Eye Maple is a stunning combination.

no way!

you sure that it wasn't just that car?

cannot believe Lexus puts a space saver on a £30k+ car.

Couldn't believe it myself. The brother-in-law was disgusted. He has a 1990 LS, and thought that that was a step backwards.

I for one will never buy a car without full size spare.

Ford offer full size as a £30 option on the new Focus - looses few mm of boot space but so what.

Got caught out last year in Wakefield at 4:30pm on a Friday with a long drive down south - space-saver on a company Avensis = 50 miles at 50mph (urg) - luckily we got a local repair just before they closed ...

• 3 years later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no way!

you sure that it wasn't just that car?

cannot believe Lexus puts a space saver on a £30k+ car.

I have an Audi RS4 that cost nearly 50k in 01 and it didn't even come with a space saver.

Quite an old thread revival, but the thing that confuses me about spacesavers is, if you get a flat and put the spacesaver on, what do you do with the standard sized wheel?

Quite an old thread revival, but the thing that confuses me about spacesavers is, if you get a flat and put the spacesaver on, what do you do with the standard sized wheel?

wild guess... but you could get a new tyre on the standard wheel and stick that one back on... :tomato:

wild guess... but you could get a new tyre on the standard wheel and stick that one back on... :tomato:

Haha, that's not what I meant - say it's pouring so the wheel's covered in gunk, and you're on a trip so the boot's full, where do you put the wheel that you took off?

You really shouldn't be putting a dirty wheel inside the car, coat or no coat. Get the Mrs to take it on the bus with her.

F*ckin Brilliant :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links