Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Has A Boost Guage

just pull the pipe off the brass tube - easier said than done tho!  push in the T-Piece to that end of pipe, add another piece of the correct size pipe to the end then reconnect it to the brass tube again

Easier said than done because the pipe is well stuck on the brass inlet pipe?

Would a hairdryer on it for a minute expand the pipe abit and make it easier to pull off?

just pull the pipe off the brass tube - easier said than done tho!  push in the T-Piece to that end of pipe, add another piece of the correct size pipe to the end then reconnect it to the brass tube again

Easier said than done because the pipe is well stuck on the bass inlet pipe?

Would a hairdryer on it for a minute expand the pipe abit and make it easier to pull off?

A blowtorch would do the same. It might melt the engine, but it will be intresting...................and fun :whistling:

Easier said than done because the pipe is well stuck on the bass inlet pipe?

just cut it as i said, put one end of the T in one pipe, the other end in the other bit of pipe, and then push on the boost guage pipe, 30 seconds!

Edited by Monster-Mat

If I can remember correctly from the last time I looked, my boost gauge was plumbed straight into the throttle body somehow. I could be wrong though as it was only a quick glimpse I got.

Also about the boost you get with the s/c. I usually only got just below .3bar. I can only remember getting .3bar on one occasion. but hey......I've got .5 bar now so who cares :P  :P

pah ..0.3 or even 0.5

cant beat a full 1.0 :P

If I can remember correctly from the last time I looked, my boost gauge was plumbed straight into the throttle body somehow. I could be wrong though as it was only a quick glimpse I got.

Also about the boost you get with the s/c. I usually only got just below .3bar. I can only remember getting .3bar on one occasion. but hey......I've got .5 bar now so who cares :P  :P

pah ..0.3 or even 0.5

cant beat a full 1.0 :P

boost is nothing without Cubic centimeters

Guys

I thought this might be helpful and I hope it is correct!!!. The pipe I have highlisted in red is the bottom of the two pipes. This pipe is the one to be tapped into for SC boost gauge install. Rob I have used your pic you sent me earlier on, so I hope you dont mind. The "red" pipe can be seen from different angles in these pics below:

Pb150005.jpg

Pb150003.jpg

Pb150002.jpg

Ellen3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Now my gauge isn't working at all! I have Tee'd into the correct pipe and fed it into the centre console area. When I stat the engine the tube has like a suction thing going on. If you put your finger near the tube it sucks the top of your finger or it will suck a sheet of paper to it. I took the car for a drive and at around 3500rpm the sucking changes to a blowing. So is this right?

I think its the gauge itself that is faulty. If I put it up to my mouth and blow the needle doesn't even move. Surely I should get something out of it?

Its this gauge below:

black_boost015.jpg

Have I bought the wrong type gauge or something?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links