Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clarkson

According to Clarkson in today's ST,

"Lexuses these days are driven by people who play golf, or people who like to slap their hos and drive around at night shooting at business rivals with submachineguns. Gangstas? Golfers?"

Is this man a wowwypop, or what?

As I have said before on this forum and others , Clarkson dont like Lexus because

they are one car company that wont pay the bast*rd, the guys been on the "take" for many years.

The BBC should get rid of him, he is only intrested in one thing "HIM". :tomato:

He'll slate any car unless he gets one for himself :P , look how he used to slag off Ford, now hes getting a new GT :o , he is entertaining at times, but I really wouldn't take his opinions seriously

Oh and I hate golf :winky:

where does this stereotype come from (other than from the ferved imaginations of tosspots like Clarkson?)

I've been to loads of meets, and seen loads of Lexus on the road - and not seen anyone I would describe as a pimp or a gangster.

certainly never seen a Lexus driver with a gun, or "slapping a ho".

The boring / middle aged / golf set stereotype I can understand, you tend to see older drivers, especially in the GS / LS end of the range.

It not that true - but at least I can understand where he gets the stereotype from.

But gangster pimp? WTF?

and not seen anyone I would describe as a pimp or a gangster.

Jonny Allen in Eastenders has got an LS and he's a gangster.

Ray Winston had one in Love, honour and obey and he was a gangster.

The common theme is they were make believe gangsters in a make believe world, which is where Clarkson lives.

He's a bike hating, badly dressed, perm having, middle class 80's throwback :tsktsk:, pity him.

where does this stereotype come from (other than from the ferved imaginations of tosspots like Clarkson?)

I've been to loads of meets, and seen loads of Lexus on the road - and not seen anyone I would describe as a pimp or a gangster.

The boring / middle aged / golf set stereotype I can understand, you tend to see older drivers, especially in the GS / LS end of the range.

It not that true - but at least I can understand where he gets the stereotype from.

But gangster pimp? WTF?

Maybe he's seen Mr Singh's Tezza?

But gangster pimp? WTF?

Maybe he's seen Mr Singh's Tezza?

[/quote

Hows about a contest for JAE who can dress as the baddest gangster or pimp :zee: :D be worth it to send the pic in to top gear would also be hilarious

I think he gets it from all the US rap/hip-hop videos. Virtually all 'gangsta' rappers mention Lexus in their lyrics, so they are the ones that provide the stereotype- for example Notorius BIG.

But clarkson is a wowwypop anyway.

Actually, he's paid the GS430 a compliment. After a lot of Jap-bashing (or perhaps now that Rover's dead) he's written about how a Japanese school girl is on exchange staying in his spare room.

He claims there's no better alternative to the GS430 but then says it lacks soul or words to that effect.

He makes me laugh! I'm glad not everyone is familiar with how good Lexus is otherwise I'd see more of them on the road than I do now!

As for them looking like gangsta cars, my car always turns heads - most people are expecting some street-wise thang with heavy bass blowing out of the stereo, not me and the two kids with Winnie-the-Pooh tunes playing!!!

Hows about a contest for JAE who can dress as the baddest gangster or pimp  :zee: :D be worth it to send the pic in to top gear would also be hilarious

This happened once at the Oxford karting challenge a couple of years back (the pimp bit - not sending it to top gear), but all the pics seems to have vanished from the gallery. :crybaby:

I'm glad not everyone is familiar with how good Lexus is otherwise I'd see more of them on the road than I do now!

90% of people are way too cheap to buy a Lex, they take one look at the price tag and their off to the ford dealers. "Clarkson for one"

to be honest i enjoy TG and think JC is a funny guy---he`s got some really good descriptives in his vocab, and he talks like this................(yeah we`re all doing the impression now, but you try typing it!)

nonetheless i get very defensive over Lexus, and the guy can be a bit of a richard at times, after all he doesn`t like bikes!

what is a shame is that people religiously adhere to his comments as gospel, and don`t independantly verify!

you know better, i know better, let the other people go with their misconceptions. After all when we`re all dead, squillionaires or all the oil runs out what ruddy difference will it all make :D ???

I was at the golf club last Friday and there parked next to me was a IS200, same colour, same wheels. Nearly got in the wrong car!

I traveled 500 plus miles up & down the M6 at the weekend and dont see a single IS either pass me or me pass it and there are two at my golf club.

Funny world!?

Thing that strikes me is the Clarkson talks a lot of reasonably funny drivvel about everything including cars.

I've never taken him seriously and just assumed that the majority of the population were the same. He just slags off the world and obviously has a masssive chip on his shoulder probably due to some trauma in early life or inadequacy in has current life :D

Just ignore him

Thing that strikes me is the Clarkson talks a lot of reasonably funny drivvel about everything including cars.

he does - and he's quite entertaining. I enjoy top gear.

But that article was the first time I had read any of his written "journalism" - and it was just drivel.

How does he make a living from churning that out (apart from paid by the word)?

But gangster pimp? WTF?

Which Cave have you been hiding in?

Tupac died in his brand new 96 LS400!! The Lex is a huge status symbol for rappers. anyways yardies have always favoured BIG PIMPY jap cars since day 1, so its no surprise that lexi have been on top of the list.

Anyways as Roundhead says

'Benz and BM we bun dem like Lada,

Dis a yute who Lexus Cruiser' ;)

Which Cave have you been hiding in?

the "rappers have less talent than clarkson" cave :P

:lol::lol: only joking mate :lol:

Tupac died in his brand new 96 LS400!! The Lex is a huge status symbol for rappers. anyways yardies have always favoured BIG PIMPY jap cars since day 1, so its no surprise that lexi have been on top of the list.

how many rappers drive a Lexus in the UK?

what is the ratio of "yardy" lexus owners as a percentage of the total?

Thats a bit like saying you know a lesbian who drives a golf - so ALL golf drivers are lesbians.

^ ^

There isnt a lot of money in UK Hiphop, but there are still a few UK rappers out there with lexi. (Theres def one in the club :P :whistling: )

Has it a guess, I would say that 40% of Lexus owners in citys are related to the criminal underworld.. and in run down inner city areas 90% of ownership are to criminals. Make of that what you will, but I am sure you will find the overall ratio to be much higher 'then lesbainians driving golfs', you certainly cant ignore it.

^ ^

There isnt a lot of money in UK Hiphop, but there are still a few UK rappers out there with lexi. (Theres def one in the club :P  :whistling:  )

:D

Has it a guess,  I would say that 40% of Lexus owners in citys are related to the criminal underworld.. and in run down inner city areas 90% of ownership are to criminals. Make of that what you will, but I am sure you will find the overall ratio to be much higher 'then lesbainians driving golfs', you certainly cant ignore it.

"90% in run down city areas are criminals" - I could go along with. This is equally true of the BMW, Merc, Audi etc drivers in the same areas though. If you live in a run down council estate and drive a <luxury car marque> its probably due to illicit means - drug dealing or benefit fraud would be favourite.

But how many people is this? It may be a high percentage - but its a high percentage of a small set.

"40% in city areas" - you reckon? sounds an awful lot to me.

I have no figures to back my opinion up - and would guess you dont either ( :blush: ), but I would say the same would hold true as above - you could say the same about BMW, Merc etc.

Criminals like to spend their ill gotten gains same as we like to spend our hard earned - on nice cars.

Not saying no criminals own Lexus - but in my experience, Lexus owners have not lived up to Clarksons stereotype

^ ^

There isnt a lot of money in UK Hiphop, but there are still a few UK rappers out there with lexi. (Theres def one in the club :P  :whistling:  )

Has it a guess,  I would say that 40% of Lexus owners in citys are related to the criminal underworld.. and in run down inner city areas 90% of ownership are to criminals. Make of that what you will, but I am sure you will find the overall ratio to be much higher 'then lesbainians driving golfs', you certainly cant ignore it.

You are a complete fool!

Where do you get your figures from?

Facts and figures before you make such ridiculous statements!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links