Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gps Antenna - Will It Work?

I need some advice!

Looking forward to collecting a new IS200 and will be getting an Origin B2 GATSO/GPS system but have been advised that the antenna has be fitted under the rear parcel shelf as the front windscreen will reflect the signal, with the obvious consequence that the unit won't be very effective.

Does this apply to the rear screen as well?

Can someone confirm if it can be placed on/under the dashboard or if it has to be by the rear parcel shelf?

Many thanks.

RAD.

java script:emoticon(':unsure:')

I've just installed my Origin b2 in my IS mate and all seems OK B) . I've mounted the GPS aerial just behind the rear centre headrest sitting on top of the parcel shelf.

Haven't used it for a few weeks as I've only just got the car, so it took a whiel to aquire satellites the firs time, but thats pretty normal :)

I didn't think the front screens were solar reflective, they do seem to have heating elements under where the wipers sit and up the sides, but that seems to be it, so can't see why you would have a problem :huh: just the dash shape doesn't have a suitable place for the aerial.

Be interested to see what you do with the main unit as there aren't that many mounting options in the IS. I had to mill the ash tray lid to make it level and make a mounting plate, does sit nice now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links