Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Back To Basics

I`m currently engaged in doing some preliminary research into the theory of modern day attitudes toward criminology, with a particular focus being on the aspects of "soft-targets" and indirect criminalisation.

I think you know what i`m getting at! :D

I`m after figures that reflect the ratio of speeding offences to driving population of the UK, since the introduction of the gatso,and am looking to correlate these with other figures such as murder, gun crime etc, and all the other KPI of modern societal lawlessness.

I`m particularly interested in figures obtained through "sources", such as those seen by our public servant brethren :ph34r: !! Especially given the fact that 4 million were issued tickets last year, and the gatso has been going a while now, but obtaining data that is not conflictual is surprisingly difficult. Have alook at the current fact that speed cameras are almost viral in presence, yet road deaths have either not been significantly reduced or they are actually increasing! (is this all down to bikers coming off on country roads :winky: ?)

And yes i know that technically a speeding offence is not considered a crime as such, other wise the HO would reveal that "crime" has spiralled out of control somewhat!!! :winky:

Nonetheless, on a "back to basics" standpoint, the speed limit is a law instituted by elected officials, and as such breaking this law is a crime, ergo all speedsters, by definition, are criminals....plain english, minus the legalese and legal finairies, that is what the speedsters are.

SO my point of the paper will be that essentially the UK has now got more convicts than Australia ever had, and that regardless of anticrime rhetoric we are now a nation of criminals.

Your opinions will be welcomed, but i`m particularly after HARD DATA, because unfortunately although everybody has an opinion, The Great British Public very rarely do anything about adverse laws, and the paper will not be focussing on the usual non-productive whining, but on measured facts.

:offtopic: We all bitch and moan about cameras etc, but in the cold light of day what exactly are YOU doing about it? :yack:

Thanks for anything you can contribute.

Look, I don't mean to be rude but this is the second thread you have started today that is sending me into a comatose state, if you really care about what you are posting, try to make it far more interesting for the rest of us to read. :geek:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

you mean like "i don`t like my auto"

jez clarkson talks poo

err3 problems

word association

alloys bubbling-----------------REAL INTERESTING AS WELL :sick:

What do you consider interesting then Mr. Interesting?

Where ar your posts of extreme entertainment?

Mine were 1) requests for information

2)seeing what else was amazing and wonderful in the big wide world outside of the Lexus.

Its people like you with the attention span of a goldfish and the lack of constructive input, where no alternatives are ever offered just whinging criticism that make this country what it is.

If you`ve got mothing better to say then don`t bother posting and the thread will die, and i`ll go somewhere else.

And I don`t mean to be rude either

Look, I don't mean to be rude but this is the second thread you have started today that is sending me into a comatose state, if you really care about what you are posting, try to make it far more interesting for the rest of us to read. :geek:

mate,, you need to chill a bit,, i could say they same about your topics you have posted... like this one about your theory on how you think the back of the RX gets dirtier than any other vehicle... I DONT CARE, but didnt feel the need to say so because i have (usually) better manners than that.

Everyone has a right to air there thoughts, opinions and views even if some dont agree or care. Without a doubt this board would be so boring and dull even you would enjoy it without posts like Terdancam.

Perhaps you would like to pop over to the Gold members forum for some real off topic stuff....oh but wait after nearly a year of membership here you have not payed up the measly 25 quid to support you club..... Terdancam has and only joined in march... now thats supporting and putting something back into this club..

oh but wait after nearly a year of membership here you have not payed up the measly 25 quid to support you club..... Terdancam has and only joined in march... now thats supporting and putting something back into this club..

Here here, well said!

no one asked you to read it :whistling:

and further to add,, the subject matter that terdancam posted i reckon would appeal to the many solicitors that are members here. certainly the feeling i get when reading it, and im not a solictor.

im done...

back on topic now...

erm what was the question :D

so tonight we are doing law, chaos theory, string theory, unified field theory, nano science, social dynamics and modding

Can we get a club affiliation with the Royal society :D

so has anybody found any stats yet then?????????

and thanks for the backup guys, i was fuming..........obviously if its not max power or big brother then it isn`t worth bothering about......

Now where are those stats :)?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links