Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ever Seen A Crash Happen?

Saw this guy in an Impreza totally lose it on a roundabout yesterday, and couldn't believe how surreal it was to watch :blink:

I was waiting at the next exit to pull into the roundabout, so had a front row seat for what was about to happen. The car came round the corner totally sideways (which made me think what a nutter, drifting on a roundabout) but then it became obvious that it wasn't intentional, or he had no idea what he was doing :o

He gave it a whole load of opposite lock to correct the slide, but this instead spun the car round in the opposite direction and he went headfirst into the metal railings on the pavement :o :o

I've seen loads of crashes on TV and stuff, but its so weird to see it happen right in front of you, I felt shaken up after seeing it! :duh:

Good man......

when the accident is blatantly there own fault, I laugh aswell.....and Point

Hehe :lol:

Thought about going round the roundabout once just to see what the guy looked like, but then he quickly reversed and drove off, guess he realised how stupid he looked :lookaround:

sounds like the dreaded combination of to much power and little experiance :crybaby: .seen a few myself and it do's make the heart beat a tad bit quicker .had a car full of blokes overtake me in a audi quattro once on the south circular at catford ,they lost control going under a bridge turned the car 180 hit a lamppost backwards and ended up in a car showroom .was not a pretty sight when we pulled up ,but had to remind the dazed driver that it was a race he had lost :) .took the fire brigade two hours to cut them out :ohmy:

Good man......

when the accident is blatantly there own fault, I laugh aswell.....and Point

:lol::lol: few years back i was on a one way system and these eeeediots in a banged out fiesta were trying it on, i thought i aint gonna even bother - me and my mates just laughed at them, he didnt like that, floored the car around the bend at went straight in to the railings......i stoped next to them to laugh :lol::lol::lol: so funny :D

I drive 27,000+ miles per year and have seen a fair few.

About 3 years ago I was following a red Mazda with an elderly woman driver. She was all over the road and had already caused 2 drivers to take evasive action. I backed off and turned to me other half and said "she's going to crash that in a minute".

Sure enough, not 20 seconds later, she drifted on to the other side of the road and had a head on with a blue Saab convertible with 2 young girls driving. It is not nice having to walk up to a smashed car, through smoke and steam and seeing two people unconscious with their heads buried in the air bags let me tell you.

I have also seen a couple of young lads loose their cars on a roundabout, another car lane weaving on the motorway and crashing into a motorbike. I have also witnessed a truck running over a VW Polo on a roundabout as it tried to get past him. Truck was in the left hand lane with its indicators clearly showing it wanted to go right, the VW got into the right hand land and attempted to go straight over - needless to say, it didn't make it.

The worst accident of all though was in Maidenhead about 4 years ago. I didn't witness it but my friend and I were the first to arrive at the scene. A young lad on a small motorbike lost control and crashed into some metal railings. He was sadly dead before we arrived.

Funniest one I think I ever saw was similar to the lorry one.

Bus in right lane at a junction indicating left, TE'r shoots up the left lane as the bus starts to turn and the inevitable happens. The bus driver realises that he has hit something and stops in the middle of the junction blocking the road. The bus door opens and the driver sticks head out and askes the car driver to back up so he can get round the corner where they can exchange details. TE'r gives loads of verbal and says he not moving till the police arrive. So bus driver gets back in, sticks it in gear and completes his manuever taking the wing off the car in the process :D

TE'r gets out, jumps up and down shouting for witnesses I just burst out laughing and walked away.

I've just come back from over 4 years in Saudi and saw on average 2 accidents a day, it became part of life and we had to floor it and get away from the scene.

When people have stopped they've been blamed for the accident due to the drivers being blinded by the sins of the infidels. Sometimes the bodies would be strewn over the road with people standing next to them and pointing.Some of the cars are driven by 12 year olds in daddys Humvee.

One truck even T-boned me while I was passing through an accident scene with my wife and 12 week old son in the car, nice :tsktsk: .

Not quite an accident per say but relevant nonetheless:

A couple of years ago I was driving out of Lagos (Nigeria) along the Lekki Expressway one Sunday morning, heading for a nice day at the beach.

About 30km out of Lagos I saw what appeared to be a branch lying in the middle of the outside carriageway. I slowed down to avoid it and upon passing I took a closer look - it wasn't a branch, it was an adult left arm, severed just below the shoulder. Looked quite fresh......

No sign of the rest of the body though! :sick:

I've been in one of those spins myself when I hit a patch of black ice going too fast on a twisty section in N Wales. The rear stepped out and not having enough experience, I applied too much opposite lock and did a 360 before coming to a halt sideways in the middle of the road. Luckily for me there was no traffic in either direction.

The whole experience was surreal and taught me to slow down.

I've seen quite a few accidents but the worst one was back in India, in February. For people who are not aware, driver's do not give a monkeys about rules there. They get on the highway (motorway) and just drive as fast as they can, and overtake even in the smallest of gaps and "try" and get away with it.

Well this time around, cut in short, there was a little hatchback driving along at 40mph, and a lorry was trying to overtake it. The lorry driver must've underestimated the size of his lorry when overtaking, and well another lorry was about to greet him from the opposite side of the road head on. When the guy just swerved back into the lane, and in essence crushing the hatchback and everyone IN it with the rear 4 wheels. Was a sad sight to see :(.

Also went on a little drive last Sunday, in the Aristo, along with my mates in their Skyline's, Supra's, Pulsar's and well some idiot in a (embarassed to say) LS400 tried racing with one of the Skyline :rolleyes: . I mean we're going about minding our own business, going to a car park to meet up with some other people, sticking to speed limits and this idiot in the LS400 think he'll be a smart ***** and swerve right in front of me. I mean thank *** the brakes are as capable as they are, as he would've not only written my car off, but also would've killed my mate in the passenger seat.

The worst part, the guy was some 40ish bearded guy.

People take "safety" for granted nowadays in their cars, and it's these people who are the reason Speed Camera's are being put up.

Hope I didn't go off topic.

When in Cairo a few years back,we witnessed a chap knocked off his scooter,a crowd gathered round the scooter rider who was lying on the ground next to his scooter,the crowd grew steadily in size and an argument ensued,then before you could say jack Robinson they all started scrapping.

The scooter rider crawled out between all these legs and then legged it, and left them to fight it out :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links